Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Some help with Tokyo planning please?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Some help with Tokyo planning please?

Postby ajp » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 am

This has all been a great help and got some good info out of it. Unfortunately I missed booking the FF flights so we'll need to reschedule when we go. I'll need to plan 12 months ahead not 3 or 6 to make sure I get the desired flight times. Thanks again everyone and those who are going soon, enjoy and be prepared to be sucked of information and hints!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:23 am

I'm not sure if it's really much help with planning but here's an interesting blog entry from a fanatic about whether it's worth Americans going to Tokyo and Hong Kong. And he actually makes sense!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspenc ... g_and.html

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:39 am

Interesting view, thanks Greg.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:12 pm

I quite agree with that blogger! I haven't been to HKDL because I don't think it's big enough for a trip in itself just yet and I'm not really interested in visiting HK. Tokyo Disneyland is a whole different story though, thanks mainly to Tokyo DisneySea - and probably the OLC.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 pm

I quite agree with that blogger! I haven't been to HKDL because I don't think it's big enough for a trip in itself just yet and I'm not really interested in visiting HK.
I'd happily go back to HKDL just so I could get my Disney Dose cheaper and with far less flying time and I enjoyed HK itself! It really is lovely and will be a fantastic park when it has grown up!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:12 am

I've already told Craig we'll be going when there are more attractions - can't leave one park unvisited - it wouldn't be right. My problem has always been that I fall in love with places that I visit and then want to go back to them rather than visit new ones!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:26 pm

I would go back to HKDL again but it wouldn't be the reason I went to Hong Kong. Until there is a lot more to see I would only go there because I was in Hong Kong and had time. Now Hong Kong itself I would happily go back to, one of my favourite cities and I don't think I saw all that it had to offer.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:03 am

Unfortunately I missed booking the FF flights so we'll need to reschedule when we go.
Perseverance, a bit of luck, and of course a little bit pf pixie dust, pays off! Upon receiving an email last week from Jetstar announcing flights to Osaka, timed with the delivery of the annual payment from work, and a whole lot of internet and phone work on Saturday, our Tokyo Disneyland trip is not only still on, but all booked and ready to go! Not going to HKDL, but with the drop in the dollar and the cost of accommodation on Japan, TDL is enough for the moment.

Land in Osaka 9/1/09. Travel to Tokyo 10th, starting the 11th 4 days in TDL/TDS, a few days off to see Tokyo and surrounds, another 4 days in TDL/TDS then back to Osaka for a couple of days before flying home on the 24th.

And I have a counter! -/

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Well, well, well... 8) look who's going to Disneyland.... -/

And a wicked counter to boot.

Congrats Anthony ( and family )... you must all be pretty excited about a mere four month wait.

Keep us posted on your progress and planning... I'm going to be stealing ideas from both you and Sandie cos I'm hoping to go myself next year.

Great news Anthony. -/

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah another trip to countdown!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 am

Yay! I noticed your countdown yesterday but somehow missed this post.

What are you planning on doing in Osaka? Are you catching the bullet train between Osaka and Tokyo?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 am

At the moment, plans for Osaka are to see the Floating Garden, try and get to the temple, spend some time in Kyoto, some shopping. We may get to Universal but that will depend on time and if there's anything else that is a must see, in our relatively short time there. We're booked into the hotel that is on Universal City right next to the park (only because we jagged it at a good price) so we may spend a half day there. Our kids haven't seen ET the ride, and I think they should.

We definitely plan to take the bullet train to Tokyo. This is one thing that I have wanted to do since I was a kid. There's something about travelling at 300km/h+.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

We definitely plan to take the bullet train to Tokyo. This is one thing that I have wanted to do since I was a kid. There's something about travelling at 300km/h+.
It is pretty cool, but you don't even notice it as you're travelling - unless you are going over a bridge or something and it's just a blur :lol:

Oooh I wish it was 2010 already!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Where are you staying at TDL? I am interested in the girls opinions of the food - no offense Keith but the stomachs of teenage girls may be a little fussier than yours!

Sandie

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 pm

See - not to be outdone I made a ticket too!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”