Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Long time reader, first time poster

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:32 pm

Hi

We are staying at POP century for 11 nights before oging on the cruise. I am so excited. I booked the cruise through disney cruise directly aswell. I booked in Feb thsi year and i think we got it for around 1300US including transfers and insurance. I think that was a really great price because we got in so early. There is always hope for an upgrade so heres hoping.

We are going the DDP. Here are my ADR's
01/02 Spoodles @ 7pm
01/03 Chef Mickey's @ 6pm
01/04 Le Cellier 7pm
01/05 Sci Fi @ 6pm
01/06 1900 Park Fare @ 7pm
01/07 Mama Melrose @ 6:30pm
01/08 Crystal Palace 8:05 am
01/08 Whispering Canyon Café 7:30pm
01/10 Boma @ 7:30pm
01/11 Chef de France (4th Wedding Anniversary Dinner)
01/12 Ohana's Breakfast 7:30am

We are getting the 10 day hopper with water parks and more. I am so excited i can hardly wait.

I was last in WDW in 2000 were i was there as a cast member. I worked at the Animal Kingdom. I had an amazing time there.

Tell me more about your plans
love jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi Jess

My goodness you have lots of dining reservations, I wish I had as many. I have heard that POP century is very good, and not only for children. Well I have finally finished all of my bookings and changes. After the cruise we were going to stay at the Doubletree Suites but I have changed that and have now booked the Portofino Bay Resort at Universal Studios. This will enable us to have front of the line access to all of the rides for the 3 days we are there. My daughter who is 15 wanted to stay at the Hard Rock hotel but it was more expensive and we got a great deal at the Portofino which is only a 10 minute walk away.

You were soooooo lucky to be a cast member, what a dream job! You must tell me all about it. Are you originally from the States? Let me know I am so interested.

Yesterday I recieved a package from the Disney Cruise Line. You might already have yours but if not it's little booklets of information about shore excursions, gifts, tips etc. It is all enclosed in a travel wallet and is very nice. All the information is already on the website but it was exciting to receive it and it will go in my travel box. Have you thought about any shore excursions that you would like to do? Angeline (my Daughter) has decided that she wants to go swimming with the dolphins on Nassau, it's only $99 which is much cheaper than when we went to Discovery Cove 4 years ago. I can't book it until 75 days before we sail so she is counting the days until August 28th.

Well that's my travel updates, let me know more about yours. Just one more thing, do you know anything about the door magnets for the cruise? I keep reading about them on disboards but don't know whether I have to make my own or if I can buy them over there, or whether I can just use one from my fridge. It's very confusing, any info you have would help.

Krystyne

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi Jess

My goodness you have lots of dining reservations, I wish I had as many. I have heard that POP century is very good, and not only for children. Well I have finally finished all of my bookings and changes. After the cruise we were going to stay at the Doubletree Suites but I have changed that and have now booked the Portofino Bay Resort at Universal Studios. This will enable us to have front of the line access to all of the rides for the 3 days we are there. My daughter who is 15 wanted to stay at the Hard Rock hotel but it was more expensive and we got a great deal at the Portofino which is only a 10 minute walk away.

You were soooooo lucky to be a cast member, what a dream job! You must tell me all about it. Are you originally from the States? Let me know I am so interested.

Yesterday I recieved a package from the Disney Cruise Line. You might already have yours but if not it's little booklets of information about shore excursions, gifts, tips etc. It is all enclosed in a travel wallet and is very nice. All the information is already on the website but it was exciting to receive it and it will go in my travel box. Have you thought about any shore excursions that you would like to do? Angeline (my Daughter) has decided that she wants to go swimming with the dolphins on Nassau, it's only $99 which is much cheaper than when we went to Discovery Cove 4 years ago. I can't book it until 75 days before we sail so she is counting the days until August 28th.

Well that's my travel updates, let me know more about yours. Just one more thing, do you know anything about the door magnets for the cruise? I keep reading about them on disboards but don't know whether I have to make my own or if I can buy them over there, or whether I can just use one from my fridge. It's very confusing, any info you have would help.

Krystyne
Hi Krystine

I am going to make a new post about my time as a cast member in the WDW thread.

About the magnetic signs.....As far as i can understand you make them at home. I think you can buy magnetic sheets of paper or something in the US. I have never seen anything like thta in Australia. I think i am going to make a sign, laminate it and then buy some double sided magnetic tape from bunnings and then stick it on the back.

We are going to go to Universal and Islands of Adventure as well. We will be there Dec 30-Jan2. I know it is going to be packed over this period but for 86 dollars for a 7 day pass you cant go wrong.

Nothing else has really happened. Things have slowed down now as i am waiting for the 2008 rates to come out, i think it will be monday. The reason i have so many ADR's is because we are doing the Disney Dining Plan. But i think that it will be different for next yera..... no tip or appetizer. I ll have to wwait and see, on the disboards everyone is saying that it wont be a good deal if it is true

I havent gotten anything from the Cruise LIne. Maybe i should call i booked in Feburary this Year.

Oh did i tell you i upgraded from Cat 12 to Cat 11. We got a room on Deck 7!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Talk soon

More updates please

Love Jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi Jess

I loved reading about your time as a cast member, please tell us more about it.

I'm not going to make a door magnet for the cruise this time. I am ordering some stateroom decorations that come with streamers, banners, a centrepiece?, a celebration cake and a door magnet. I'll just use this magnet for this upcoming cruise and then if I go again (hopefully in 2009) I can make one then. All the decorations are only $39 which I think is a bargain.

Well done on your upgrade. Does this mean you now have an ocean view?

Have you been reading about PALO? What I have read so far is amazing and only an extra $10 charge. I wish that I was going but as it is a mother daughter holiday and Angeline is only 15 I would have to go on my own. Oh well next time.

Have the new rates for 2008 come out yet? I remember seeing something on mousesavers so I hope you have been able to get a good deal.

Anyway let me know.

Love Krystyne

aitch
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby aitch » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 am

Hi Krystyne - I will be at WDW and Las Vegas almost the same dates as you! No cruise for me though - just 16 nights in Orlando. Also staying offsite (at Windsor Hills). Where in Vegas are you staying? I'm staying at Treasure Island. I leave there the day after Thanksgiving to fly back home!
I'm flying from Brisbane, so my flight is not as long as yours, but I'm going straight through to Orlando in one go!! I will be so tired, I'm sure!
Have a great trip. Look forward to hearing how you enjoy your cruise.

Heather

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:28 am

Hi Heather

Great minds think alike! When we were planning our trip it was a toss up between Floridays and Windsor Hills. My daughter picked Floridays so you will have to let me know what Windsor Hills is like. 16 nights is a perfect amount of time to be in Orlando. I wish I was able to extend my time, it seems as though we have alot packed into every day although I have included a few shopping days (purely for relaxation purposes).

What do you have planned for the time you are there, apart from the obvious? It would be great it we could meet up (or have a chat on the phone), while we are both there if you wanted to. These are our plans:

3rd Nov (arrival day) Since we don't arrive into Orlando until approx 6pm we plan just to go to Walmart that evening to do some grocery shopping.
4th Nov Downtown Disney
5th Nov Florida Mall
6th Nov Magic Kingdom
7th Nov MGM Studios
8th Nov Animal Kingdom
9th Nov Epcot
10 Nov Free day
11th-15th Disney Cruise
15th IOA (apparently if you check in early you receive your room key so you can use it at the parks straight away).
16th Universal (mickey's christmas party in the evening, are you going to this while you are in Orlando?)
17th either IOA or Universal again (since we have express line access from staying onsite)
18th Leave for Vegas

We are staying at the Signature in Vegas. We too leave the day after Thanksgiving but are staying overnight in LA. What do you have planned for Thanksgiving day? I don't know if it is such a big deal in Vegas like the rest of the country. I'm hoping everything will still be open.

Who are you travelling with on this amazing holiday? As you've probably read from my previous posts, this is a girls only holiday with just myself and my 15 year old daughter. She is so excited and counting the days.

Well, let me know your plans so we can chat more.

Krystyne

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”