Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Long time reader, first time poster

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Long time reader, first time poster

Postby Krystyne » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi

I have been reading these forums with great interest for the past few months now and thought it was about time to join in and share with everyone my upcoming trip to WDW.

Myself and my 15 year old daughter will arrive in Orlando from Perth (anyone else from this side of Australia?) on the 3rd November. We are staying at Floridays Resort for 8 nights and then onto the highlight of the trip......... a 4 night DISNEY CRUISE and then back to Orlando for another 3 nights. Haven't decided where to stay yet for those 3 nights but are looking at the Contemporary resort as we have tickets to Mickey's Christmas Party on the 16th and it will be easy for us to walk back to the hotel.

This will be our 2nd trip to WDW (last one was in September 2003) but our first Disney Cruise. We LOVE Disney and any tips or hints for our upcoming trip would be appreciated.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:25 pm

Hi Krystyne, welcome aboard!

Wow - you'll have to write a review on the cruise for us :)

Ahhh, tips - my favourite one is very practical - If you see it, and you like it, then buy it! It might not be there when you go back (boy - that's happened to me too many times!)

There are people on here much more qualified to talk about WDW than I am, so I'll leave it to them.

That's a long trip from Perth to Orlando - are you stopping off on the way, or is it one long journey?

Anyway, stick around and have fun!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:07 pm

MVMCP is awesome!

My best hint when planning is to get organised. If you want to eat a few nice meals go to http://www.wdwig.com and look at the menus and make your advance dining reservations now! When we did the Christmas party we had a dinner at Liberty Tavern at 5.30 and came out just in time for the party.

I have a friend from Kalgoorlie who will there the same time as you!

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi Keith

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will definitely be writing a review of the cruise when I get back or maybe from the cruise itself.

Not sure about your tip though, I tried that the last time and had a huge credit card bill when I got home, although I have to say that my christmas tree looks amazing with all the ornaments I bought. This trip I am using no credit cards (except for emergencies) but I have been saving for 2 years so I think I'll be fine.

Yes it is a long way from Perth and the hotel stopovers we have booked are a 13 hour hotel break in Auckland. Overnight in LA then on to Orlando. The return journey is Orlando to Las Vegas for 5 nights (not really a stopover but could not resist), then Anaheim for 1 night before flying home.

I'm not sure whether to try and brave the crowds to experience the new Nemo ride at Disneyland. The day that I'm able to go is Thanksgiving Saturday which is supposed to be one of the worst crowd days.

Krystyne

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Sandie

Thanks for that, I have actually been onto that website and made all of my ADR based on the menus. We have Boma booked at 5.00pm for the night of MVMCP, should give us enough time to eat and make our way over to MK.

What is the Christmas party like? We are so excited, it will be our first time and Christmas for me is right up there with Disney.

Krystyne

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 pm

I will definitely be writing a review of the cruise when I get back
Very good :)
or maybe from the cruise itself.
Even better :D
This trip I am using no credit cards
Yeah, yeah - I tried...failed...
The day that I'm able to go is Thanksgiving Saturday
Yep - that'll be busy, but you'll still have a great time :) Crowded days are still fun, it just changes the dynamic of the visit, you can still do plenty if you are willing to forgo a few rides etc. As you are just coming off WDW, a cruise, WDW again, and 5 days in Las Vegas, then a crowded day in DL won't hurt your fabulous trip :)

Boma - yummy, enough said...

We did Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party last year - these hard ticketed events are a real hoot and I imagine the Christmas one is just as much fun! Catchya around...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:08 pm

What is the Christmas party like? We are so excited, it will be our first time and Christmas for me is right up there with Disney.
The parade is awesome but seeing the snow fall on Main Street is enough to make you cry! It was cold the night we went so the free hot chocolate and cookies were welcome. The shows we saw were excellent but I do not think you can do everything in one night so pick what you really want to see.
I'm not sure whether to try and brave the crowds to experience the new Nemo ride at Disneyland. The day that I'm able to go is Thanksgiving Saturday which is supposed to be one of the worst crowd days.
We were at Disneyland on Memorial Day and it was super crowded. I think in 6 hours we did 3 attractions. I would brave it and make a beelibne straight for Nemo. See one or two other attractions - maybe things not at the Orlando Parks and then head to Downtown Disney for more shopping!

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 pm

Excellent advice Sandie!

What shows did you see at the Christmas party and do you know if they have falling snow at every one? I can just imagine how magical it would be. My daughter has seen snow before as we lived in England for 2 years but there's snow and then there's Disney snow.

I think we will brave the crowds at Disneyland if only to try the Nemo ride. Are you also stopping by Disneyland for your upcoming trip?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:44 pm

The snow was falling on Main Street for most of the night - it was not actually snowing in the only show we saw - Mickeys Once Upon a Christmas. The parade was the best though.

We are going to a Princess and Pirate party and I hope it is as good.

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Keith

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will definitely be writing a review of the cruise when I get back or maybe from the cruise itself.

Not sure about your tip though, I tried that the last time and had a huge credit card bill when I got home, although I have to say that my christmas tree looks amazing with all the ornaments I bought. This trip I am using no credit cards (except for emergencies) but I have been saving for 2 years so I think I'll be fine.

Yes it is a long way from Perth and the hotel stopovers we have booked are a 13 hour hotel break in Auckland. Overnight in LA then on to Orlando. The return journey is Orlando to Las Vegas for 5 nights (not really a stopover but could not resist), then Anaheim for 1 night before flying home.

Krystyne
I am pretty sure that thanksgiving weekend is crazy at disneyland. I went one year the week after thanksgiving and it was really slow however y neighbour was there thanksgiving weekend. I think they went on like 3 rides all day. I guess it will still be exciting to take it all in....but dont get your hopes up about going on too many rides.
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi

I am also pplanning a trip to WDW. We are from Sydney and even though it isnt as long a haul as yours, i am also dreading our trip. We are going to stay overnight in LAX as well. I am also going on the DIsney Cruise Line, which we have never done so i am so excited.

If you are after more detailed advice about WDW check out http://www.passporter.com or http://www.disboards.com

hope these help.
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi

I am also pplanning a trip to WDW. We are from Sydney and even though it isnt as long a haul as yours, i am also dreading our trip. We are going to stay overnight in LAX as well. I am also going on the DIsney Cruise Line, which we have never done so i am so excited.

If you are after more detailed advice about WDW check out http://www.passporter.com or http://www.disboards.com

hope these help.
Hi

I'm so glad that someone else is going on the Disney Cruise. Have you booked your stateroom yet? We have a Navigators Verandah but all the staterooms looked amazing. We are doing the 4 night Bahamas cruise with stops at Nassau and Castaway Cay, which one are you going on? I am on the website almost every day checking out the all the info, what shows, dining, etc.

Staying overnight in LAX is very wise I think. We were going to stay at the Hilton LAX but after reading some bad reviews on trip advisor we have decided to stay at the Renaissance Montura which has some great reviews.

Disboards.com is great and I have already arranged to meet up with some people on the cruise. I haven't been on passporter.com, going to after this post though.

Let me know all about your upcoming trip.

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi

I'm so glad that someone else is going on the Disney Cruise. Have you booked your stateroom yet? We have a Navigators Verandah but all the staterooms looked amazing. We are doing the 4 night Bahamas cruise with stops at Nassau and Castaway Cay, which one are you going on? I am on the website almost every day checking out the all the info, what shows, dining, etc.

Staying overnight in LAX is very wise I think. We were going to stay at the Hilton LAX but after reading some bad reviews on trip advisor we have decided to stay at the Renaissance Montura which has some great reviews.

Disboards.com is great and I have already arranged to meet up with some people on the cruise. I haven't been on passporter.com, going to after this post though.

Let me know all about your upcoming trip.[/quote]

Yeah i have booked my room. Originally we were staying in Cat 12 but then when i called, it was only like $60 to up grade to cat 11. I think it is room 7009. I know it isnt that great but i dont plan on being in the room very much. Anyway buy the looks of it the rooms look pretty big etc

I think we are doing exactly the same cruise as you. It is the 4 night one . Our dates are from Jan 13-17th.

I think we are going to stay at the Crowne plaza at the airport in LAX, still not sure yet.

Tell me more about your holiday aswell.
Love Jess

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Are you doing the DIsney DIning Plan?

Krystyne
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Krystyne » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi Jess

Your stateroom is exactly the same size as mine and your are on a better deck than me. Our cabin number is 5632 (I think). Who did you book with? Over here in Perth choice is very limited so I ended up booking direct with the Disney Cruise line on their web page. The travel agent that had the best price was still $1000 more than booking direct. I only booked the cruise 3 weeks ago and I've been reading on disboards that if you book well in advance you can save quite a bit. Oh well, I know for next time.

Are you also staying in Orlando before or after your cruise and have you been before?

We are not doing the Disney dining plan. For the first 8 nights we are staying off property at the Floridays Resort, then the cruise, and for the last 3 nights we have booked the Doubletree Suites in Walt Disney World. This wasn't my first choice but they look quite nice. We had planned on staying at the Contemporary Resort but once again I have left things too late and the cheapest available were tower rooms at over $400 US dollars a night not including tax.

If you want I can bring you back information from the cruise (daily activities, menus etc) and send them to you and I'll be taking heaps of photos (although not of me, that would just be too scary).

Tell me more about your trip.

Krystyne

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”