Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Almost ......

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Almost ......

Postby sandie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:02 pm

6 weeks from today i get on a plane! Anyone other than me care?

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Almost ......

Postby KeithS » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 pm

6 weeks from today i get on a plane! Anyone other than me care?
We care...

...we're also jealous, envious, green-eyed, covetous, and desirous!!! :twisted:

Rub it in Sandie :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:06 pm

This is revenge for all that "Club Trip"rubbish the rest of us had to endure

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Sandie, the closer that little plane gets to the "0", the more I wish I had a trip in the works. :cry:
I'd love to be counting down the days till I was jetting off to WDW or the like.

I hope you have a fantastic time and when you get back tell us all about it with a nice fat trip report, ok? :D

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby Loomis » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:09 am

I've still got a good 10 months before I get close to WDW (for my first time). So yes, sandie - I care through insane jealousy and an irrational fear of squirrels.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:49 am

Don't worry Loomis in tn months the shoe will be on the other foot - would you like me to bring you back park guides or anything?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:26 pm

Hey Sandie, you'll be able to check out the new "meet & greet" shed ( for want of a better word) they've just built at Epcot. I was reading about that just a few minutes ago.

Not sure I like the idea of being corralled into a purpose built thing like this. And yep, I know that the meet & greet is usually in certain places at certain times now, but it take the fun out of the 'hunt' for characters I think. Course I'm sure it makes it easier for the handlers and their schedules, but I like the idea of happening upon an obscure character somewhere in the park. I hope they still do that sometimes. Magic should still just happen as opposed to being orchestrated to the enth degree.
It probably is more practical though. :roll: but thats not really one of my strong suits.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:58 pm

At least I will have something to check out considering:

haunted mansion will be down
Spaceship Earth will be down
and now Rock and Rollercoaster will be down!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:09 pm

Yeah, its a pain that those attractions will be down when you are there.

I'm sure there'll be lots of stuff to keep you occupied though :D I remember how disappointed I was that peter pan and the Jungle boat cruise were down when I was in TDL.
And the new Meet n' greet shed ( not sure what its actually called) will make for some great scrap photos anyway. The lighting will be right, the Character will be all yours for that moment without somebody's kid trying to shove you out the way and its out of the sun.

~ Lisa ~

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi Sandie

I am very jealous. I wish my trip was so close. My name is Jess. I live in Sydney. I am only relativly new here but i am trying to post and be involved. I love anything disney. I haven't made it to a club meeting yet. I am a little nervous going on my own. I know it sounds silly.

My husband and i are going to WDW in Jan 2008.

Tell me all about your plans. I made my ADR's yesterday and i got all of the ones i wanted. Ill post them later, i dont have them with me at the moment.

Where are you staying, eating etc, how long are you going for. I want to know everything.
Jess :P
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi Jes,

Our first three nights that we are in Orlando we are at the Hard Rock at Universal - I figured with Summer crowds we could really use the front of line passes. We check into the Port Orleans Riverside (mansions - hopefully Oak manor) on Monday 20th August. This is our 4th trip to WDW (the third for our kids). In 1994 we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and our last trip was at Port Orleans Riverside. The trip in between we stayed offsite and I will NEVER do that again! If I am spending 000's of dollars for a trip I am staying where the action is!

I have looked at all the Disney Resorts but keep coming back to POR - I am a Gone With the Wind freak and this is the closest I will ever get to sleeping at Tara or Twelve Oaks. By the time we get to WDW we will ahve already been travelling for 3 weeks so our first few days are a bit slow. On our first night we are meeting up with friends from Delaware for the Grand Gathering pirate Cruise and Fireworks. The next day we are going to Typhoon Lagoon with them and on the Wednesday we are spending the day with them and other friends at EPCOT. They leave on the Thursday on a Disney Cruise so we are on our own then!

We also got all our ADRS:

Le Cellier for dinner (did it before and loved it)
Tony's Town Square ( a new one for us)
Donald's Breakfastosaurus (new 4 us)
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner before the Pirates and Princess Party
Ohana for dinner (love Ohana!)
Kona Cafe (Adults only whilst kids get dumped at the Neverland Club)
Sci Fi lunch (did it 10 years ago and was not that impressed but I figure the kids will like it
Rose and Crown dinner
Chef de France dinner (new 4 us)
Crystal Palace (my daughter and I only before the Mickey's magical Milestone tour - I hate Pooh but she wants to eat here)
Grand Afternoon Tea (as above without Pooh)
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - love it here
Planet Hollywood lunch (new 4 us)
Raglan Road (new 4 us)
Plaza Restaurant (new 4 us)
Mama Melrose fantasmis package
50's Prime Time
Boma - l love Boma consdering dumping the kids in Kids Club again
Teppanyaki

seems a lot but we have free dining for 23 days so i am still 4 places short but I can only fit breakfasts in! I will probably just make reservations at Boatwrights.

I have also planned Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Kennedy Space Centre, Sunset at Tampa, Richard Petty on fathers day, and on our last full day I have Gifts of a Lifetime planning a family scavenger hunt in the Magic Kingdom.

You should come to a meeting - everyone is friendly and very passionate about whatever area of Disney takes their fancy! For me its the parks, for Manuel its the animation, for Keith its the Princesses!

Will the planned closing of Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain worry you?

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Sandie

YOur trip sounds amazing.

YOur ADR's look great and very similar to mine. i am so jealous i wish we had free dining. It is costing around $1000 for the 2 of us for 2 weeks but i guess that isnt that bad. I totally agree with you, i hate pooh as well but i am doing the breakfast at CP becsuse i want to get the photos of the castle when it is epmty.

Is space mountain and jungle cruise going to be closed in January? I hadnt heard that . I hoppe not, i love the jungle cruise and my hubby loves space mountain. Hey it cant be that bad last year splash and R'n'R were closed in January.

I will try and make it to the next meeting.

Jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Only my voice will be at the next meeting - I am going to phone in from Florida!

Check out screamscape.com or miceage.com both are good sources of rumours, closures etc.

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi Sandie

You must be excited! i am so jealous only 11 days to go. I wissh i was you right now. I think i am like 160 days away!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:50 pm

Yes but when you are 11 days away my trip will be but a memory......................

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”