Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

IS ANYONE ELSE A DVC MEMBER

disneykid
A Ticket
A Ticket

IS ANYONE ELSE A DVC MEMBER

Postby disneykid » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:49 am

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else is a DVC member?

Thanks

Ella

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Not yet but I am committed to at least doing the tour this trip. I am not sure if we want to invest the type of money necessary yet.

We do travel to WDW approx. every 3 years and this trip we are spending $6000US on accomodation but that is for 23 days including tickets and dining.

How cost effective do you find it?

disneykid
A Ticket
A Ticket

DVC

Postby disneykid » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:35 am

Hi

Travelling to Disney once/twice a year is great, and being able to stay at the best resorts is even better, the Boardwalk Villas a wonderful, in addition the ability to use the points on the cruise line, and some wonderful upscale resorts is wonderful. There are many benefits I received which is great, not to mention the great friends we have met along the way. The way I look at it is that I can spend $10,000 on accomodation each year, $10,000 can buy another 100 points, for a week at Saratoga it is 95 points..........not bad..............

Disney is our main vacation spot as well as Vero and Hilton Island Head so it is pretty good.

All the best

Ella

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Travelling to Disney once/twice a year is great
Its not the accomodation cost that would kill me - its the airfares. Our airfares for August were the cheapest I could fing at $1950 per adult so for the four of us we are looking at $7000 just there. Plus that only gets me to the west coast!

I can see maybe being someone who buys enough points for 1 week per year and going for three weeks every three years - by carrying over one week and drawing on week in advance.

I have heard that resale may be the way to go.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Mon May 07, 2007 8:50 pm

We joined DVC in 1999, 700 points at the Boardwalk Villas, the best money ever spent :D :D

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”