Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hi - a newbie here..

aitch
A Ticket
A Ticket

Hi - a newbie here..

Postby aitch » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi there - just found out about this site - it's great to see an Aussie Disney site! I'm off to Orlando in Nov this year, and really looking forward to it! Hope to be able to read more and more here!!
Heather

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Hey there H - welcome aboard!!

So, tell us all about your upcoming trip in November :) Have you been before? How long are you going for, where are you staying, what are you looking forward to most. etc, etc!

If you have any questions, just post them here - there are plenty of people willing to answer.

Catch you around!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi Heather....
yay... another QLD'er

welcome to our merry bunch.... :D

jump in... join the chatter... the more the merrier

~Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

aitch
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby aitch » Tue May 29, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi - thanks for the welcome! I've been very slack about getting back to this site- but here I am now!!
Going for 2 weeks 2-18 Nov and staying at Windsor Hills - decided off-site was a better option for me! Liked the idea of a condo with all that extra space...!!!
I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday over there, and so far have decided that that will be he day to visit MGM and see Fantasmic for the first time. I have heard it is fabulous, but it wasn't around when I first visited (80's sometime - can't remember exactly), and missed it the second time around in Orlando (2002) and at Disneyland (2005).
Got to make some reservations for a few dinners, too, but just have to work out the best time to call :? . One of the disadvantages of living here and wanting to holiday over there!!
Thanks for your offers of help - I may just be needing some of that as I get closer
Heather

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue May 29, 2007 6:15 pm

At the moment (until mid August) if you ring when it is 9pm here on the East Coast it will be 7am in Orlando - time for reservations to open.

We always do the Fantasmic buffet when we want to see it so we do''t have to wait for 90 minutes.

Have you viewed the menus on http://www.wdwig.com ? (they have changed the name of the site but that link still works.)

We are in WDW for 23 nights in August/September we with dining so I got to pick 23 sit down meals free of charge. At this moment I have reservations for:

Le Cellier
Tony's Town Square
Donald's Breakfastosaurus
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Ohana (for dinner we love this one and then you can go to the beach at The Poly and watch the electrical water parade and the fireworks from teh MK)
Kona Cafe
Sci Fi
Rose and Crown ( 7.40 pm with the aim of hopefully getting a balcony view)
Chef De France
Rainforest Cafe (Brekkie once and dinner once)
Crystal PalacePlanet Hollywood
Raglan Road
Yin and Yak
Plaza Restaurant
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package)
50's Prime Time Cafe
Coral Reef
Boma
Teppanyaki

Yum, now I am hungry!
Grand Floridian Grand Afternoon Tea
Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner