Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

RAC = AAA in US

MarmiteOnToast
A Ticket
A Ticket

RAC = AAA in US

Postby MarmiteOnToast » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:53 am

Greetings from Perth.

Only just found out that RAC membership in Aus entitles you to reciprocal benefits with AAA - Mousesavers.com have a great listing of all those.

Sure you're all aware - but thought I'd pass on just in case.

Cheers!
:wink:

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:02 pm

Yep all the Australian Aurto Clubs have an arrangement with AAA - NRMA is the NSW one.

Do you really like Marmite?

MarmiteOnToast
A Ticket
A Ticket

Marmite

Postby MarmiteOnToast » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:07 pm

Oh my - marmite on toast....drool

Been here 11 years now but still can't get on with Vegemite - sorry!

Oooh, and peanut butter too...yum! Got though pregnancy with toasted rye bread with banana and peanut butter. Apparently Elvis liked something similar but he used to fry his banana and peanut butter sandwiches...god bless him and his sainted bigman knickers.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Marmite

Postby KeithS » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:49 pm

Hey there Marmite - welcome to our site. Of course, you'll have to be immediately banned now because we know your passion for Marmite over Vegemite...(and I'm English too - so I know my yeast extracts...) :)
Apparently Elvis liked something similar but he used to fry his banana and peanut butter sandwiches...
Hmmm...that sounds just like something my dad would eat.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Marmite

Postby mushu mama » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Hiya Marmite....

almost got it right.....

Vegemite on raisin toast (no butter - just Vegemite, and none of this tiny scraping stuff - good and thick! ) perfect for Elevensies..... :D

Welcome from this Happy Little Vegemite...... :lol:

*~Lisa~*
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:53 pm

No - vegemite, no butter on toast with a soft fried egg on top so the yolk melts the vegemite - yummy!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Oh..... yeah thats yummy. But I would have to have the yolk cooked solid.... can't abide the thought that I'd be eating raw egg.....

Although .....doesn't seem to stop me when I'm nibbling on chocolate cake mixture though.... :?

Nope.... the Chico/banana lolly combo is definitely your best recipe tip so far Sandie. :D One that I am dutifully passing on at every opportunity.

And as a self confessed recipe tweaker, ( as in altering them) I have added them to Choc/nana jello shots with great effect..... :twisted:

Hmmm.... maybe we need a 'food' section on the forum.... :D
its a popular subject lately.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Choc/nana jello shots
ok tell me how ......

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Choc/nana jello shots
ok tell me how ......

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:26 pm

you're gonna love these....

"Oh... Chico.... Bah-by" jelly shots

3 oz vodka
3oz crème de banana
6 oz boiling water
3 oz clear jelly ( using gelatine sheets - follow the instructions on pack)

Mix boiling water with gelatine sheet(s) cool a little.
mix in vodka & creme de Banana.
set in tiny paper/plastic cups with chico baby and banana positioned in each.
pour thin film of crème de cacao on top of set jelly prior to serving.

Tips for great Jelly shots:
> for those that haven't done the jelly shots - beware they are very potent and if you add lollies, serve these early on as later on when inebriation can be a problem, they can become a choking hazzard.

> if the jelly won't set - add more water to the mix next time ( the higher the proof of the alcohol - the more water you need, course this then dilutes the effect :twisted: )

> if you want more kick in the shots, substitute some of the water for more vodka or perhaps another liqueur eg: stawberry schnapps or mix in some creme de cacao. the possibilities are endless......

> to get the jelly shots out of the plastic cups hand out icypole sticks
or alternatively set them in paper patty pans and they can just flip them straight out.

> best advice I can give is try a small batch ... for testing purposes of course..... before you have a party so that you can get the mix just the way you want it. some like the jelly really solid, others like it a little squishy.

> these can be eaten frozen, but if they are defrosted they don't get their wiggle back.

> Oh... and enjoy...... :D

I adapted this from other recipes ( as a joke because of my obsession with spreading the chico baby/banana thing) There are squillions of alternatives on the net....

Tell me what you think when you've tried them..... and you might want to hide these from kids... :shock:

~ Lisa ~

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Ok , I will do a taste test and report back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”