Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

DVC villas vs moderate resort

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

DVC villas vs moderate resort

Postby Mel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:36 am

Okay, so we're booked in for 11 nights at Caribbean Beach :) in September, but I've been thinking - always dangerous! - and now I think I might want to rent some points to stay at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge for just the first couple of nights.  Now, we're operating on a tight budget so we'd be squishing into a studio, which is fine, we've done it before at the GCV and the Caribbean rooms aren't exactly going to be roomy anyway.  What do you all think, is it worth it?  I've stayed at the VWL before and love, love, LOVE it there. I know resort hopping is pretty easy at WDW, even for a family of five.  My main concern is that if free dining is offered, our villa dates won't be eligible, but that's only two out of 11 nights so it's no biggy.  What would you guys do?
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Re: DVC villas vs moderate resort

Postby ColinA » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:11 pm

I could help you out but can only book WL at the 7 month window which could be risky.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: DVC villas vs moderate resort

Postby Mel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Thanks Colin - we've booked with one of the DVC rental places now.  Our first two nights at VWL \8-/
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”