Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

International student program

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: International student program

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Well Jess has finished Uni, and what do you do when you're not sure what to do? You apply to the Disney International Cultural Exchange program - again! Hope she gets it.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:14 pm

So, didn't really enjoy it the first time huh? :D
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Its clearly been the longest and hardest case of post Disney depression I've seen. :lol:  I think she has unfinished business and plans to try and establish a career with the company.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Could be worse things to do. Is a Disney career a viable option?

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:34 pm

Certainly is. She has a degree in tourism management and wants to get in the theme park or cruise part of the industry.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Damn, then I have all my fingers crossed for her to get accepted.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:44 pm

So do I. We'll get over there this time for sure, even if I have to sell body parts for the money.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't know how I missed this thread for over a year?!?!  

How did Jess apply Anthony?  Through her uni?  I have a friend whose daughter would like to do something like this in a few years (she's only going into Yr 12 next year).
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:57 pm

The first time she applied, we literally stumbled upon it by chance when I was using seek.com.au for myself. Obviously the second time she knew exactly where to go. Below is a link to the program information where everything you need to know is there. Your friends daughter should definitely do it!

http://ip.disneycareers.com/en/cultural ... /overview/

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Damn, if only I was young and a student...and young.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Damn, if only I was young and a student...and young.

Greg
I asked the question of a Disney recruiter a few years ago... there is no restriction of age for the international program.  You just have to have done study ( any study at a Tafe or Uni - even a short course) within the last 12 months.
I've considered it more than once, but am certain I couldn't do 18 hour days if required. 
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:35 pm

ajp, I'm so excited for your daughter to be trying out for another round of Disney... I have my fingers crossed for her that she gets in :)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Thanks Lisa. By the way, they don't do 18 hour days, not allowed to. Most Jess ever did was 11 and that was Xmas day and NYE. There is a cap of hours a week for the internationals.  I suppose if you want to fit a day at the parks post shift, then that can be an 18 hour day :D

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Oh, that is good news ajp... I had been told that the days were seriously long, and that had been the only reason I had balked at applying before.  I'd love to ask Jess  some questions about her time at the World if she didn't mind, as its something I'm still considering.  I don't have a lot of my degree left to do, and am taking a break from study this next semester ( and possibly/likely the one after ) and really hadn't decided on a direction when I finish, so Disney is still on my list :)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I had a long email discussion with someone in the Australian office a few years as well. The only way she could see to get me over there,  visa wise, was for me to start studying at an approved place. I think I had to have been doing it for a certain amount of time as well which made it all too hard and expensive for what may have just been a one off summer job. 

I have thrown my name into the green card lottery a couple of times without success. I'd really like the experience of working at WDW. 

Greg 

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”