Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Premier passes

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Premier passes

Postby Mel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Who has bought one? My latest game in planning our distant trip is to weigh up the pros and cons of different tickets at the parks. We're looking at at least 10 days at WDW (probably closer to 14) and up to a week at Disneyland. The Premier Pass looks like it's up around $750, but the shopping and dining discounts look pretty appealing. I'm thinking about maybe getting one PP for me, and then MYW or other Annual Passes for Craig and the boys.

Opinions? Experiences?

BTW, can you tell I'm back at work :( Plenty of time on my hands and dreaming about Disney!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Premier passes

Postby KeithS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:26 pm

I was going to ask this exact same question.

We are doing Anaheim in June this year, and WDW, Cruise etc in March next year and was wondering about these passes.

We found having the annual pass for Hong Kong was invaluable - especially the 20% discount we got on most purchases.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:56 am

What time of the year Mel. How many ADR's would you do.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:44 pm

We will probably go for Halloween - incorporating the October school holidays into our trip. We will hopefully be gone around six weeks so there willbe a bit of flexibility in the dates we are at WDW. As for ADRs - one a day, or two every three days seems about right. We will do quite a few character meals so that we don't have to stand in line to meet them.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:57 pm

We will probably go for Halloween - incorporating the October school holidays into our trip. We will hopefully be gone around six weeks so there willbe a bit of flexibility in the dates we are at WDW. As for ADRs - one a day, or two every three days seems about right. We will do quite a few character meals so that we don't have to stand in line to meet them.
I would suggest maybe the annual pass for at least one person so you then qualify for the 10% discount on goods, this covers even water, chocolates or even ask if not sure. The important thing you can get is the Tables in Wonderland card which will give you 20% discount on any ADR, you would need to check if there are any block out dates, eg Christmas day NYE for is not included for us in the TIW, TIW gets your money back after 5 meals I think. You only need one TIW for a group of ten I think as long as the TIW person is paying. To get the AP or TIW discounts you will sometimes be asked for photo ID.

The PAP gets you 20% discount on merchandise and you really need to do the sums to see if it is worthwhile. We looked at buying a reproduction painting and having it shipped home, at $2,000.00 value the extra cost for the PAP it would be worth it.

Keep in mind a 10 day pass with park hopper option does not have to be used on consecutive days, so might suit the 14 days at WDW. I think it is cheaper to go AP than add an extra day to the 10 day. We are in a different situation as we get a DVC discount and another discount for the renewal.

Character meals we do Crystal Palace, Cape May Cafe for breakfast, Tuskerhouse. Depending on where you stay the best value meal for breakfast is Captains Grille in the Yacht Club, couldnt ask for better international buffet and costs us $35.00 US with the TIW for two of us.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Check on the prices of tickets to see if it includes tax.

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 am

Ticket prices on WDW web site. Rather confusing if prices include discount or not.

10 day with park hopper option $346.00

extra 1 day $120.00

extra 2 days $223.00

AP $519.00

PAP $649.00

plus tax 6.5%

it would pay to register at www.disneyworld.com/passholder and get all the information as it can change each year. Two years ago when Anthony was here it was 20% discount on AP

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 am

Two years ago when Anthony was here it was 20% discount on AP
And didn't that cost me alot of money. :lol:

I haven't looked into the Premier Pass, but if you get similar discounts than a WDW PAP gets, and it gives you Annual Pass access, then it would be worth it. If it doesn't, then perhaps, splitting and getting AP at WDW and a 5 day pass (of the Australian 14 day pass) for DL.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Two years ago when Anthony was here it was 20% discount on AP
And didn't that cost me alot of money. :lol:

I haven't looked into the Premier Pass, but if you get similar discounts than a WDW PAP gets, and it gives you Annual Pass access, then it would be worth it. If it doesn't, then perhaps, splitting and getting AP at WDW and a 5 day pass (of the Australian 14 day pass) for DL.

Not sure what you mean Anthony, normally AP is 10%, PAP is 20%

I am not sure what you mean by the splitting at WDW and DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Not sure what you mean Anthony, normally AP is 10%, PAP is 20%
? :shock:
I am not sure what you mean by the splitting at WDW and DL
sorry, all I was saying is to perhaps get the WDW and DL passes separate and not the Premier pass. But I don't know much about the premier pass anyway so I'll slink away from this one. :lol:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 am

You might be onto something Anthony about the premier.

I now have informaion overload. Premier Passport gives you tickets to WDW and DL. The front desk lady told me $773.35 US including tax. Disney web site says $749.00 plus tax = $797.00 You would need to do the sums on that one and call them to check the fine print and discounts.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... ssport1001

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:57 am

The front desk lady told me $773.35 US including tax. Disney web site says $749.00 plus tax = $797.00
I wonder if the taxes are different depending on which state you purchase it?

I have to do the research now too - we are looking seriously at getting the Premier pass when we go in June, so that we can use it in March for WDW. We intend staying at WDW for three weeks, so I think it'll pay for itself in the long run - but I need to crunch the numbers.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ColinA
D Ticket
D Ticket

Postby ColinA » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:20 am

The front desk lady told me $773.35 US including tax. Disney web site says $749.00 plus tax = $797.00
I wonder if the taxes are different depending on which state you purchase it?

I have to do the research now too - we are looking seriously at getting the Premier pass when we go in June, so that we can use it in March for WDW. We intend staying at WDW for three weeks, so I think it'll pay for itself in the long run - but I need to crunch the numbers.

I found a post on Disboards which talked about the tax in Florida and no tax in California is split 50/50 on the cost of the ticket. I think it might cover entry to some of the other disney parks like HKDL as well. In the next few days I will vist the guest relations at one of the parks and see what I can find out as a lot of them a very vague as to what it offers.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Gerard has one

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”