Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Epcot food and wine festival

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Epcot food and wine festival

Postby mushu mama » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:55 pm

I love wandering my way through the Disney food blog when the food and wine festivals are on in the various parks. I love reading the menus and seeing the pictures of all the weird and wonderful food that is presented... well, by US standards anyway... they're very US-ified versions but still look delicious.

One thing that puzzled me on the Australian booth menu was the use of Murray River Sea Salt on the lamb dish... now, I grew up not all that far from the Murray River and spent quite a deal of time there, and the vast majority of it is nowhere near the sea... so the whole idea of sea salt from an inland river is really interesting... I've also spent a lot of time at the mouth of the mighty Murray and that is more mud flats than salt pan... So, still puzzled, I googled it, and low and behold, it IS harvested inland, from underground resevoirs at a tiny place in Victoria that seriously is only a couple of hours from where I grew up and if you blinked you most certainly would miss it !!!! AND its unique pink hue is what makes it so sought after by the gormands of this world. I was pretty impressed that it was such an integral part of a dish being served to thousands over the course of the festival.

The whole thing fascinated me... not really sea salt, but anyhoo... a tiny spot in the top western corner of Victoria can have a little Disney magic too :)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Epcot food and wine festival

Postby churros » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:58 am

We went to the food and wine festival in 2008 and very much enjoyed our tiny $5 lamb chop served from the small lanes and alleyways of Melbourne!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Epcot food and wine festival

Postby mushu mama » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:01 am

A WDW food and wine festival is definitely on my list of 'when to visit' ... the photos are amazing. And the prices of the samplings didn't seem too bad either...
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”