Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Electrical Parade

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Electrical Parade

Postby sandie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:09 pm

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/02/ ... ney-world/

Main Street Electrical Parade to return to Disney World
DEWAYNE BEVIL, FEATURED, MATT PALM, NEWS — BY MPALM ON FEBRUARY 10, 2010 AT 6:28 PM

Great news for fans of “thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds”: Walt Disney World will bring back the classic Main Street Electrical Parade to the Magic Kingdom this summer.

Other changes around Walt Disney World: A new Magic Kingdom fireworks show, and new effects at Hollywood Studios’ Tower of Terror, including a change to the drop sequence.

But it’s the return of the Electrical Parade, the most beloved parade in Disney history, that will have Disney fans rejoicing.

As part of a seasonal promotion called “Summer Nightastic!,” the parade is being shipped from the Disneyland resort in California. Although it’s the classic parade, it will have some tweaks: A new Tinker Bell presentation at the head of the parade, and floats dedicated to Snow White and Pinocchio.

On the technology front, the lights will now be LED bulbs and there is new audio technology being employed.

“Even the music is guaranteed to bring back Disney memories,” said Walt Disney World president Meg Crofton Wednesday evening.

The return of ELP, as aficionados abbreviate it, is expected to take place in June; it will run through the summer.

The parade debuted at Walt Disney World in 1977 and ran until 1991, when it was replaced by the SpectroMagic parade. It later returned for a limited engagement from 1999-2001.

It has been showing at peak times at Disney’s California Adventure park in Anaheim during the past few years. The California parks had a Summertime Nightastic! promotion this past summer.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Electrical Parade

Postby ajp » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:53 pm

I read this and the first question I asked myself was "Self, why would they do this?". I did wonder what that leaves for the West Coast? But then I suppose the full attention will be placed onto the World of Colour show, which makes sense in moving it elsewhere. Maybe they should have put it back on Main Street in a real traditional move. And with World Of Colour bringing the crowds in, there won't be much need for ELP in DCA. But then why do this in MK when they have Spectromagic? Spectro is a great show and every bit as a showpiece than ELP is.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”