Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

WDW Trip 2011

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

WDW Trip 2011

Postby RickGainsmith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:19 pm

I know I know 2011 is along time away, but we're building a house next year so unfortunately it has pushed our next disney holiday out to 2011.

Our dates are Sept 12 back on the 30th. Should give us are fair amount of time to do what we want. In 2005 we went for 2 days less, it was a good amount of time.

At this stage we are planning on using the extra days as stop over days, perhaps either Hawaii or Las Vegas. Has anyone planned a short stopover before?

We much prefer flying at night, we'll have 9 Adults and 5 kids, possibly 1 infant by then. Wife wants a third...atleast we get a infant seat on the plane??? ;-)

In 2005 we hired a house which worked reall well, 2008 we stayed in a disney hotel, 2009 we stayed in a disney hotel, its just expensive compared to hiring a house. $410 US for a house, you'd pay that per night for each room at one of the nicer DW Hotels.

The down side in 2005 (the house) was that we housing estate had no coffee shop, restaurants, etc nearby. Can anyone suggest an estate with nearby shops (we need stay near a starbucks or similar - love our coffee!)
We did like coming back to the hotel for mid afternoon sleeps on our last trip. It will be hard to push the kids all day without this. The housing estates are usually only 3 or so miles from the DW gates so its still possible, with the savings in accomodation we can afford to spend on transfers / taxis / etc but it's less covenient.

So long away, so much waiting...
Rick

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: WDW Trip 2011

Postby churros » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm

When does the Disney resort in Hawaii open?

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Wasn't aware of one.....that would be a great idea for a stop over!

Melbourne - Los Angeles - Dallas - Orlando was just too much for everyone last time...walk zombies by the time we arrived!
Rick

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:26 pm

We stopped in LA for 1 night on the way over last year and then 3 nights in Anaheim on the way back. My eldest has Cystic Fibrosis so we really needed to do this for him for meds and to make sure we were all ready to hit the ground running in WDW when we arrived.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:00 am

I've stopped over in Anaheim, Las Vegas, Hawaii and Fiji at various times and all were fine. For obvious reasons I prefer the stopover in Anaheim!!!! :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks Mel,

Fair point...we just got back from DL, however i would like to see the new DCA World of Colour show.

Hawaii sounds nice for a couple of days, my grandmother wants to visit Las Vegas, me - i would prefer to spend less time getting to WDW to spend more time settled in the one spot and hitting the parks! Maybe a few days on the way back to relax somewhere, everyone says they need a holiday after a disney boot camp...
Rick

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:17 am

What kind of distance is it if you hire a house in the area?

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:43 am

There are suburbs right next door to some of the parks.

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:05 pm

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/res ... ive&Beds=7

This website gives you an idea. We stayed in the Emerald Island Resort which was only 15 minutes or so away from the parks. Very Cheap, considering the houses sleep 16 and only charging $400 a night. Great for a large group.

I highly recommend it.
Rick

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”