Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney cruise ships...Any information welcome

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Disney cruise ships...Any information welcome

Postby australiankaren » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Hey,

Just saw a discovery channel doco on Disney cruise ship, and am now REALLY interested for my next trip. :lol:

has anyone been on one of the ships, or is it boats??? Anyway, I would love any info/ feed back/ comments/ hints re the cruises..

I would be going just with my husband this time , so anything re; adult activites would be great.

have a great day
Karen :D
WDW.....POFQ,POR, Contemporary
6-18 December 2006

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:03 pm

Hi Karen,
If you go to the Disney Online (US) site, and click on the Disney Cruise link (Destinations section) you'll find lots of info about pretty much everything onboard, ports of call, menus from the restaurants, age appropriate activities, ports of call etc.

If, like me, you want to get your hands on one of the Planner book/DVD's then click on the icon on the left of the page. This only allows you to have it sent to a US address but if you scroll down to the bottom and click on 'contact us', you can request one be sent to you here in Australia. I just told them dates that I was considering and Hey Presto, one arrived in the mail a while later. Its well worth it - its like a little scrapbook that you take with you and fill in details of the trip. I loved it. And the DVD alone is worth the trouble - I watch it for fun!!!!

I am hoping to do this in the next couple of years too. I am planning on the 7 night Western Cruise, particularly because you can explore some of the Mayan history on Cozumel.

Happy planning.

~ Lisa ~ :)

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:41 pm

hey Lisa,

great tip about the contact us feature...will do it now.

You'll have to let me know how the planning of the cruise goes. I just love the idea of adult only venues on a disney ship...their own pool, resturants and bars. And seeing new release movies, and the food looked great.

Have a good one
karen :D
6-18 December 2006

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi Karen,
I have done the 'contact us' thing this afternoon to get info for Disneyland Paris. Thats where I am going next. Now I just have to wait and see if it turns up or not. :)

I won't be doing any planning for the cruise (other than knowing which I want to do) until I have done the Paris trip. But I am sure to have watched the cruise DVD lots more times by then. I have only just decided to go to Paris so my plans are a bit sketchy as yet. I haven't even decided on a date ... But I love the planning stage as much as the travel so am enjoying it.

~Lisa ~ :D

disneygirl
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby disneygirl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi

I have been on the cruise ship 4 times now, and it is great. What information would you like? I am also a vacation club member and try to go to Disney once a year, every second year enjoying the cruise ship!

Please feel free to ask as many questions as there are many helpful hints and activities to enjoy

All the best!

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:35 pm

hey disney girl,

the cruise looks awesome, did you go with kids or just adults.
I am planing on just going with my husband, for our 20th wedding anniversary, be in our early 40's, active....and would like to know all about the adult things to do.
he really isnt into disney, he has only been to disneyland as a kid, and hates rides, so I am really trying to sell this as an adult escape...after we spend 6 days at wdw hopefully, and have done disney paris, tokyo and LA . I really want to do a world tour.
So,what is the food like, and the cabins??
is there night clubs? activities during the day for adults???
Any info to get him to say yes would be fantastic :)
Thanks
karen
6-18 December 2006

disneygirl
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby disneygirl » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:56 am

Hi

I have a friend that works with Disney Cruise Line in Florida as well as a dear friend who works with the vacation club, i too am a vacation club member.

The cruise ship is unbelievable. I am 24, and have been going with my sister, as well as my mum and dad. There is so much to do one does not know where to start. There are night clubs, movie theatres, onboard spa (DIVINE). Disney's Castaway Cay is a haven, with a special adult beach. The food onboard the ship is to die for and the service is second to none. :D
Being a Disney fan or not makes no difference, the feeling you have on this ship is like being in a dream. The staterooms are beautiful, the shows are breath taking and when the cruise ends you do not want to get off the ship. There is plenty to do i can assure you, and many people think Disney is for kids..............they are so very wrong about that!!!

Please feel free to contact me at anytime for any further questions. I book usually directly with the vacaction club or via my friend at Disney.

All the best!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:58 pm

We are planning a Disney Cruise for our next trip - but it wont be until late 2008. We want to go Sydney to LA - spend a couple of days in Anaheim, then fly to Orlando and have maybe a fortnight there before doing a 7 day cruise. Then a week more in Orlando, a few days in LA and back home. Should take about six weeks.

Hey Disneygirl, do you have any preferred times of the year to go cruising?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:36 pm

hey,
have you guys heard the rumour that they are building another ship to operate out of LA.??

Cant wait!

have a good one
karen
6-18 December 2006

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:00 am

Arn't they also building one to do theEuropean Cruises on a more regular basis?

Sandie

disneygirl
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby disneygirl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:43 am

HI guys

I love cruising in December (Christmas),September, January and February. I love Florida in the summer, but there are so many bugs around!!!! six weeks is very good, that is what i usually do. The flight to Orlando, even when you stop in LA is draining and you need time to relax, you will do that on the 7 day cruise, but i would recommend taking 2-3 days to rest prior to getting ready to travel on the 7 day cruise. Having the few days prior allows you to check in at the cruise desk a day or two before which is generally needed.

As for the rumour about the new ship, apparently, according to a cast member at Disneyland i spoke with they are building a new ship. They are looking to have the Disney Magic based out of LA. The ship that is sailing on the European trip from May-September is the Disney Magic which will not be carrying out the 7 day cruises over this time.

Magical wishes

disneygirl
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby disneygirl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:47 am

Hi Keith

How did you like the Disney "World Tour". My family and i go every year to Disney, we are vacation club members and have many close friends that work in Disney. It is a magical place. You would love Disney's Vero Beach Resort!!!!

Let me know how the trip went. If you want any info on the cruise ships..............please let me know

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”