Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What have you missed?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

What have you missed?

Postby sandie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Keiths answer to the top three thread made me think. In all I have spent 84 days in the WDW parks but there are still things I have never done.

What attractions in Florida have you never found time to see? (Some may be closed now)

For me its:

Magic Kingdom - Gondolas in the Sky, Diamond Horse Shoe Revue
Epcot - Innoventions West - we always do East and then move on. The movies in China and France
Disney Studios - The Little Mermaid
Animal Kingdom - The train to Conservation Station and Conservation Station, Lion King or Tarzan or Pocohantas or Nemo shows

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What have you missed?

Postby KeithS » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Okay - here we go from memory, this is a list of attractions that were open, but we didn't go on while we were in WDW.

Magic Kingdom - Astro Orbiter; Tomorrowland Indy Speedway; The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh; Cinderella's Golden Carousel; Dumbo The Flying Elephant; Liberty Belle Riverboat; The Barnstormer; The Magic Carpets Of Aladdin; Main Street Vehicles; Diamond Horseshoe
Epcot - Reflections Of China; Impressions de France; O Canada!; The Circle of Life
Disney/MGM Studios - The Magic Of Disney Animation
Animal Kingdom - Festival Of The Lion King; Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends; TriceraTop Spin; Primeval Whirl; Kali River Rapids; Flights Of Wonders

It may sound like we missed a lot of the Magic Kingdom, however you must remember we had just travelled from Paris and Hong Kong, so there was no need to do these again. We also missed all of Toontown.
At Epcot, it was only the movie attractions we missed.
Disney/MGM - we had already done the Animation show in Paris - it is the same where ever you go I find.
Animal Kingdom - yep, we missed Festival of the Lion King, but we had just seen the Hong Kong a few days before and I am told the HK one is superior. Kali is the only major attraction here that we missed - Della didn't want to get wet :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What have you missed?

Postby Mel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:24 am

Keith, the Winnie the Pooh at WDW is better than the one at DL, not sure what it's like at Paris (wasn't there when I was there) or HK since I haven't been. It's nowhere near as good as Tokyo though :)

The Magic of Disney Animation use to be a LOT better at WDW until they shut the animation studio down :(

The ones I've missed are....
MK: Mickey's Philharmagic, Stitch's Great Escape and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, but that's because they're all new since I was last there.
I never got to ride anything that was gone before 1997.
Epcot: I've only ever been to the Mexico, Norway and Canada attractions in World Showcase, never seen the others. I also haven't been on Nemo and Mission: Space since they're new (to me). Would like to see the old Journey with Figment back and Horizons because I either didn't ride them or can't remember them from my first trip.
Studios: This is probably the big one that I've actually missed rather than it just not being open - Fantasmic! We were meant to have a dinner package last time I went to WDW, but the weather had other ideas. Never leave a 'must do' til your last night!!!! The newies here are Toy Story Mania and Lights Motors Action, but I've seen that in Paris. As for the set walk-throughs, I have no interest.
AK: Never been interested in the Conservation Station so haven't been on the train to that. The Finding Nemo musical is new as is Expedition Everest, so they're both on my list for next time. One thing I didn't get to try but wish they still had are those boats that went around the river. I know they didn't last long, but I reckon they would have been a nice, relaxing ride.

I've mostly been on everything I can. I'm a bit fanatical about it actually. Craig is worse (but he has only been to DL and TDL). He marks off attractions on a park map, just to make sure we don't miss anything!!!!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”