Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

WDW Rumours

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

WDW Rumours

Postby ajp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:13 pm

No I'm not going to list all the rumours covered, but over on Miceage, Kevin Yee has listed a whole lot of rumours, confirmations and news bits. Mostly he's just rehashed alot of what we know or has already been announced, so there isn't much new. But the last thing he did say was a rumour for a new section in Animal Kingdom. And I quote:
Australia. Inside sources are mum, but there is a large amount of land cleared in DAK, as visible on recent Google satellite maps. Could this be Australia? Long rumored, but if it comes, it should hopefully also provide a walking path out to Conservation Station.
I've never been to the East side (WDW), alwsys wanted to and will one day, but I'd be interested to see what they would do for something on us, if it ever happened at all that is. This is only rumour, and as others have said here in the past, Kevin Yee should be read with the proverbial grain of salt. But it sounds interesting anyway.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: WDW Rumours

Postby Mel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 pm

but I'd be interested to see what they would do for something on us, if it ever happened at all that is.
Show how we tame kangaroos and koalas for pets and how to wrestle crocodiles probably! Nah, Disney would do their homework and maybe it'll set some seppos straight :)

This rumour has been around for a long time, possibly since AK first opened. I really like AK, I'd like to see it expand...especially before 2014!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Now that is interesting... that'd be a nice little perk for the 2011 trip if it goes ahead... visiting 'home' abroad...
Show how we tame kangaroos and koalas for pets and how to wrestle crocodiles probably! Nah, Disney would do their homework and maybe it'll set some seppos straight :)

And I probably didn't help matters when I was over there as far that stuff goes, when asked if we had Kangaroos hopping around the streets I said 'YEP' - because where I used to live ....we did :!: And yep... people did have tame roos in their yards ... dozens of them sometimes. Not sure how one tames a Koala though... they're just stinky and make AWFUL noises at night.

Kevin Yee should be read with the proverbial grain of salt.
He does? Why? ( don't know much about that bloke.)

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:47 pm

I love it when I used to go to Canberra alot, and either you would see a roo arond the suburbs somewhere or see the news stories about roos being lost, either around place like Manuka or even once I saw a story about 1 around parliament house.
He does? Why? ( don't know much about that bloke.)
You did miss part of that, I said that others have said around here (as below)
and as others have said here in the past, Kevin Yee should be read with the proverbial grain of salt
From my perspective he does tend to be overly critical, at times about things that I'm not so sure require that level of criticism. Having said that, I always make a point to read what he has to say and then try and read other things to form my own opinion. I do recall my quoting him when I was a newbie here and Keith and Sandie put a different slant on things at the time, which is the basis for my observation above. This is the thread http://www.dudisneyana.info/forum/viewt ... f=10&t=816 and just reading it again, we talk about what I've just mentioned.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:02 pm

Ok... thanks.

I hope that Disney does decide to go ahead with an Australian feature... its so far removed from anything else they have there.
And the Americans appear to know so very little about us other than the crocs and the roos.

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm

I'll check it out and see if I can put the squeeze on a CM! 15 sleeps! -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Perhaps we should send you armed with a list of things to get confirmation on 8)

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”