Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

OMG I'm planning a trip to WDW

PrincessBelle
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby PrincessBelle » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:03 am

Not really interested in splitting our stay. For a couple of reasons really. 1. We will have so much stuff between us all (especially with all the shopping we plan to do) that it would be a pain to have to move everything. Last September when we went to DL, we hired 2 minivans and had to hire a 3rd while we were there just because of our luggage.
2. We have been given such a good rate at the villa, it actually works out a week free. So even if we cut out a week, it would make any difference to the price.
If we do decide to go with the villa, we will probably have a night or two onsite just so we can stay in one of the resorts. Mum and Dad are talking Animal Kingdom lodge for themselves. I like the look of Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesion.
The villas include unlimited local and national calls and also unlimited internet. And he is throwing in the pool heating and cleaning for free as well as providing a stroller. That saves us aswell as we don't have to rent one. Apparantly the villas are only 1 1/2 miles to WDW (it is the closest residential community to WDW) and you dont have to travel on the freeway (there is a back road that only takes about 2minutes) So it has so many positives for a long stay.

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:22 pm

hey,
sounds like you have it all covered, and it would be great if you could stay on site as well for 1 or 2 nights, and leave the kids with grandma....get the taste of disney minus the hassle of packing up etc..

we laughed so hard when we went to get our rental car and the chick says " mister, your not going to fit" to my dad.....and she was right...we were hanging out of the minivan by the time we were coming home....8 suitcases, 4 back packs plus my mums sleep machine thingy...and pillows, jackets cameras etc...we shoped till we dropped, thank god for space bags....twice the stuff, half the room...i recomend them to anyone traveling...i put my 12 " sorcerer mickey in one, and he was FLAT!!!, but poped right back to shape when we got home.
poor mickey, the things we do to him.

saw all the discovery disney shows, awesome.....have you thought of going on the cruise???I am going to do that next time...looks great.

have a good one
karen :D
WDW.....POFQ,POR, Contemporary
6-18 December 2006

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:49 pm

thank god for space bags....twice the stuff, half the room...i recomend them to anyone traveling...i put my 12 " sorcerer mickey in one, and he was FLAT!!!, but poped right back to shape when we got home.
Yep, they are one of the best kept travel secrets. I have packed all sorts of stuff in them too. I'll never understand why more people don't use them. ~ Lisa ~ :)

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:36 pm

hey,

we should start a thread..." the most unusual WDW thing I packed in my space bag"... :D

have a good one
Karen
6-18 December 2006

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:42 pm

we should start a thread..." the most unusual WDW thing I packed in my space bag"... :D
These are miracles of science - we had to go up to Fullerton last week to buy space bags at the Targets there so we could get all our stuffed toys packed in our suitcase to get home. Three space bags later, we had 21 stuffed Mickeys, Minnies, and who knows what else, flat as a pan cake in our cases.

Thankfully LAX security didn't want us to open those bags up!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:19 pm

space bags...gota love them.

I have about 10 different size ones, one big enough for a large mickey to bring home, and if you do the outlet shops they are a god send!

my husband and son just got back from italy and they used them for dirty soccer gear....awesome.

54 days to go!!!!!!!

6-18 December 2006

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:46 pm

Okay, I've been reading this thread and been trying not to let my ignorance show yet again. But then I figured that everyone knows that about me anyway so what the hell...what is a space bag? :?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:15 pm

what is a space bag? :?
And you are our resident world traveller! Shame on you Greg :)

You may know them under different names like traveller bag, vacuum bag etc. The ones we use are tough plastic re-sealable bags (double zip-locked) that have a one-way air valve at the bottom. So you put in your clothes, zip-lock it, then roll it up - the air squeezes out the bottom and you have a nice compact and very flat airless bag with clothes/fluffies etc inside.

You can also buy them with a valve that you can plug a vacuum into to make it even smaller (but who has a vacuum when they are on holidays?)

Anyway, the idea is by sucking all the air out of your clothes or fluffies, they become MUCH smaller - and you can pack more in your suitcase - which is the ultimate aim :D

So girls, is that a good explanation?

It is funny filling them with fluffies - seeing all the scrunched Mickey Mouse etc faces looking out at you!

(oh look - that's my 400th post!)
Keith

Trip history:

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:33 pm

And......

the ones i got are the ones you dont need to use a vacume on, you just roll them up and the air is sucked out.

I can fit a large puffy jacket in one, when sealed it's about 1 inch thick...saves so much space.
You buy them at luggage places or kmart etc.

They aren't cheap, but they last for ages and are so very worth it.

Dont leave home without them!
6-18 December 2006

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:29 pm

Wow - only a few days to go Karen :)

Don't forget your toothbrush! (Oh, and those handy space bags!)

Take lots of photos...buy lots of stuff...say hello to Mickey for me too!

...and we'll see you when you get back.
Keith

Trip history:

australiankaren
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby australiankaren » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:23 pm

hey...
I know 4 more sleepscant wait
although I have had some flight changes that i didnt know about until i went on line to check in...no drama though, just scared me for a moment...long way to walk from L.A to WDW :lol:

Mickey, here i come!!!!!
6-18 December 2006

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”