Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Walt Disney World in 3D

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Walt Disney World in 3D

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I have just come across a Walt Disney World in 3D at it is amazing!

If you have the latest version of google earth (and if you don't, get it, it's free) then in the left hand panel go to the "layers" section and double click "primary database", then double click "Geographic web", then double click "Preview", then click the box next to Walt Disney World Resort to tick it and then double click "Walt Disney World Resort". It should fly you straight to Orlando and show a few different coloured Mickey ears. Choose which park you want to see by clicking the appropriate ears and it will zoom you to the park. It does take a while to download all the details and a little while to figure out the controls but you can actually walk around inside the park and the detail is amazing.

Give it a go. I know Keith has google earth and I can see him spending a lot of time on this. :D

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Walt Disney World in 3D

Postby Mel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:00 pm

I spent about half a day flying around the resorts a few weeks ago! It was good because I'm trying to decide where I want to stay in our very-distant trip and it gave me a good idea of the size of resorts and distance between them and the parks. Very cool! Enjoy!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:28 pm

I know Keith has google earth and I can see him spending a lot of time on this. :D
Ahhh - you and Mel missed the extensive coverage of this event on the tempforum :D Yep - I love it, yep I spent hours on it!

And Mel - sorry you missed the link to the temp website when we crashed - unfortunately we couldn't email you as our only record of your email address was on the forum that had crashed (Doh!)
We also posted letters with the temp website address to all our official club members - just another reason to join the club :) (And you also get the cool newsletter every few months!)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Damn, I missed out on it.

So what else did I miss out on...what else were you talking about...you were talking about me...I know you were, you can tell me...you were talking about me... :shock:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Damn, I missed out on it.

So what else did I miss out on...what else were you talking about...you were talking about me...I know you were, you can tell me...you were talking about me... :shock:

Greg
Certainly were, like when is he going to stop swanning around the world in his luxury yacht and fix our forum! :wink:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”