Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Melbourne's own Animal Kingdom

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Melbourne's own Animal Kingdom

Postby churros » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:45 pm

A $220 million theme park to rival world-renowned Disneyland and Sea World is planned for Melbourne.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Really?

I've been to Werribee Zoo multiple times and I LOVE IT. I guess this could be a good thing - if they do it right. They have heaps of space out there and its an area that has other attractions as well.
Its already very much like the AK safari tour in that they load you on similar vehicles to view the animals and they do overnight sleepovers ( in out of Africa-style' tents?) on the property. They also do private tours through the enclosures. I LOVE zoos. I think one of the only zoo's I haven't been to is the Taronga Park Zoo. I've been to Dubbo, the Melbourne, the Adelaide, the Tazzie Devil park in TAS, Australia Zoo and squillions of sanctuaries, you name it, I've been there.
And the Werribee one is amongst my favourites. I especially like the meerkat enclosure that is a wall of glass between the cafe and a fascinating family of Timons.

This gets the thumbs up from me.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:54 am

Nothing beats Taronga for views but they are claiming best-zoo-in-world status with the opening of their new seal enclosure last week!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Walt Disney World”