Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hi!

arielbelle
A Ticket
A Ticket

Hi!

Postby arielbelle » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:47 am

Hello all,
I just signed up here and wanted to say hi. I was very excited when I found a forum dedicated to Australian Disney fans! I've been a member and reader of many other Disney forums for a while now. I am a huge Disney fan, almost to the point of obsessiveness! I've visited Disneyland and Disneyworld numerous times, the first time was when I was a baby and I've been hooked ever since! I love the magical, escapist nature of the parks and can never get enough. One day I hope to work for the company, which I'm sure many of you also wish to do. It's great to find other Australians who share my passion, as I find that a lot of my friends cannot understand my love for the company and theme parks, many considering them just for kids. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself,
see you around the boards!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi there Arielbelle! Welcome to our humble site :)

Well, you've come to the right place - there are plenty of Australian fanatics here who just love traveling around the world to Disney Parks (in fact, it is pretty quiet here at the moment as some of them are overseas as we speak!)

Have you got any plans at the moment to travel? When was the most recent time you went? Where do you stay? Do you travel with friends/family? Tell us all :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

arielbelle
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby arielbelle » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 am

Thanks for the welcome! I'm so jealous of those who are overseas! Although my last trip was only in January to WDW so I can't really complain. I went with my family and my sister's boyfriend who was a newbie to the Disney parks. It was great having him with us and see the wonder in his eyes. He managed to take it all in his stride and not become too overwhelmed with our frantic holiday pace. His reaction to the Tower of Terror was priceless! He's afraid of heights, but will do anything to please my sister. After a couple of rides he was just as enthusiastic as us! It was great as I didn't have to convince my sister to do the "kiddie" such as Peter Pan as she wanted him to experience it all! I love dark rides and the classics so it was nice not to have that argument! My sister is more of a thrill seeker than I, although my favorite ride is the Tower of Terror. We stayed outside the resort as the rooms are cheaper, but more importantly, bigger. We've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before, which was a wonderful experience but much too crowded for 4 adults. We got a 6 day pass and did the 4 parks and also two days at universal. It was wonderful as some Christmas decorations were still up at the parks, it has always been a dream of mine to go around Christmas time, combining my two favorite things: Christmas and Disney! I hope to go again around 2009, as it sounds like the parks will have a few new rides by then. I'd also like to do a trip to Disneyland Paris and the studios there sometime next year, the crush coaster looks too cute!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:49 pm

Yep, Christmas would be cool at a Disney Park - it is something that my partner Della and I want to do. We are thinking of heading up to Hong Kong DL this New Year's Eve to have a look - last year we did NYE in Wollongong and vowed never to have a dodgy NYE ever again :)

We are at the point now where all our holidays are Disney related - it has become a bit of an obsession... :)

We also plan on doing a Disney cruise at some stage - possibly 2009 - and of course we are doing the Tokyo club trip thus April for the 25th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland! And all this from someone who had never been to a park prior to May 2005 - since then I've to DL twice, HKDL twice, WDW and Paris once (and that was all in 15 months - it was a crazy 15 months!!)

We like all the rides, from the kiddie rides, right up to the nut-case rides!! Rockin' Roller Coaster, ToT, Mission Space, Space Mountain Mission II in Paris (as Bart would say "aye carumba" - that ride was crazy-awesome!) - we do them all :D

In WDW we stayed at Pop Century and had a ball. Della was sick when we got there and they were awesome in looking after her - including getting medical assistance from the local medical centre - she was back on her feet that same day and walking around Animal Kingdom, sickness soon forgotten! Next time we go, we'll probably stay there again, but will hire a car and venture offsite - we'd like to go to Universal once Harry Potter is opened.

Anyway gotta go! Catch ya later.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź