Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

back

The lastest news in the world of Disney
gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

back

Postby gabrielle2106 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:47 pm

For those that don't know me, I'm Vicki from Gippsland Victoria. I'm married to Peter mother to Mallory. We're all big Disney fans. We're currently planning our 4th trip, we spent all of last November at disneyland and of course had a ball. We were there from 1st-24th November, and just loved the Christmas decorations.
We collect Disneyana, I'm a member of the WDCC and collect all sorts of their statues. We all collect pins, and just love trading. I collect Mickey ears and have a large collection.
We did well in November, with the Year of a Million Dreams, we were given 4 sets of ears, 3 sets of lanyards and pins, 3 sets of the Tinkerbell pins, various other pins, we had a free meal at Village Haus, we got so many fastpasses that in the end we just gave them to others. We got special front row seating for a couple of parades, which was wonderful...
Anyway, you get the idea, we love disneyland. We'll be going again end of next year, we always stay at the Park Vue Inn, right at the traffic lights across from the park entrance...great hotel super cheap prices, great breaky.
Glad to be back at the forum and can't wait to join in.
Are there any other Victorians here, or pintraders???

Vicki :D

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi Vicki,
Welcome back. :)

Sounds like you got oodles of goodies on your last trip to DL. All that extra magic must have been a real treat.

I collect pins but haven't got enough to actually trade any yet. And the ones I have I probably wouldn't want to part with anyway. :D Would love to hear some tips on the best way to go about it though.

Not Victorian anymore either ( as of about a month ago) but I was way over near the SA border anyway so a very long way from where you are.

And YAY.... another scrapbooker. Would love to see some of your layouts in the Scrappers album one day. (course, I'm still trying to get some of mine there too - stitching program issues :oops: )

Good to see you back :)

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby gabrielle2106 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 pm

Thanks Lisa...what pins do you collect?. I buy lots off ebay, probably go to DL a lot more often if i didn't buy so much...lol... We collect the Annual Passholder pins, Tink pins and Sorcerer pins. I do trade (on pinpics) mainly with pins i pick up cheap...trying to 'trade up' for those i really want.
I'm just re-doing my craft room, hopefully when its finished I'll be able to do a lot more scrapping, now it takes me so long to find the things i need to use that I run out of time before i actually do anything.

The year of a million dreams was awesome, so was being there at Christmas. It was great as we got there lunchtime 1st November and all the halloween decorations were still up, over the next 2 days most were gone and replaced with the christmas decorations. The crowds were horrific but just to see DL in its christmas decor was worth fighting through any crowd.
We did the Walk in Walts footsteps tour, the Holiday tour and both were exceptional. We were also lucky enough to be given a 'tour' by a CM who's been there for 35 years, it was so nice to find someone who really knows the place.
We managed to get to the Character outlet store in Fullerton, a must for those purchasing Disneyana, sooooo much cheaper than the park. We also got to go to the CM store, again, so cheap and such great goodies...lol.
We managed to see the parades and fireworks almost every night, i have a great dvd we made of them. I burned off nearly 2500 pictures...so its going to take me quite some time to scrap. We only had 1gig cards for our 2 camera's so we'd fill them up and run to the Camera shop to have them run off onto cd's, a great service if you are going to the parks.
We stayed at the Park Vue inn, not quite as nice as the Grand Californian where we stayed last time...lol..but we only paid $63 a night including breakfast. Rooms were great, big, beds were comfy, breaky was great. .. If you book direct rather than with travel agents, most places in the USA charge per room rather than per person...of course travel agents have to make money too, but we do all our own bookings, we got airfares, hotel, car hire, tickets to see most other attractions and our Annual passes our selves, saved about $5000 for the 3 of us...worth the hours i spent on the computer.
anyway, i've burned enough time on here, better go do the housework *sigh*
Vicki

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:24 pm

Wow Vicki, sounds like you had a great time (oh, and welcome back!)

Can't believe how lucky you were with the Year of a Million Dreams stuff! I tried and tried to get something (anything!) but failed :( - oh well, there is always next time.

Sounds like you packed a lot into your trip. We took the bus up to Fullerton too so we could check out the outlet store - but we only got a couple of things this time, you have to be lucky with the stock on the day :)

Anyway, gotta go.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

fullerton

Postby gabrielle2106 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:21 pm

We hired a car for a week, a pontiac grand prix, very sporty, dh loved driving it...lol...we tended to go past fullerton each time we went anywhere, and got some great items. Its worth stopping in as often as you can. They were putting out the golden ears for 99c when we were there, i paid a lot more than that for them when they first came out, not to mention postage.
We did do well in the year of a million dreams but remember we were there every day for 21 days, so i guess the odds were with us. We also worked out 'their' system fairly quickly, you just had to watch what was happening. there were only a couple of doors that the yomd cms come out of, if they had their 'bundles' they were easy to follow to where they'd set up to do a hand out...sneaky i know but it worked well. We got the tink pins as we made up a heap of 'thank you cards' which we gave out to nice cms', we also attached those little koalas that grab onto things. By the time we left there were many cms walking around sporting our Koalas.
We did so much, we rode with the captain of the Mark Twain, the view was great from the wheelhouse. We also got to ride up front on the trains a couple times, some of the drivers are so knowledgable.
Most days we were at the park at opening and were often last to leave....even the days we had the car we'd end up in the park in the evening.
My daughter, who likes to draw (and does so quite well) attended many many of the animation sessions in DCA, a couple of the imagineers took to her and really helped her with some of her characters.
Vicki

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:56 am

...what pins do you collect?. I buy lots off ebay,
I have an odd collection of limited editions and commemorative pins. I have several from the Grand Opening of HKDL, Some 50th anniversary golden pins and travel agent exclusive ones. My favourite at the moment would be a toss up between the Mad Hatters hat pin (that came in a hat box) and the IASW 50th pin on pin one with the moving hula skirt. I especially love the ones with moving parts. And yes, the bulk of them are purchased from eBay here or OS. I haven't bought any for a while though.
I'm just re-doing my craft room, hopefully when its finished I'll be able to do a lot more scrapping,
I had a dedicated office/scrap room in my home in Vic. Not quite that lucky here in QLD. I have grave fears of never being able to put my hands on what I need to use ever again.

I was lucky enough to be at TDL over the Halloween/Christmas change over. It really is spectacular isn't it. I'd been warned not to bother going on Halloween due to the unbelieveable crowds, so I didn't go that day. Now of course, I wish I had. But the decorations are wonderful aren't they?
I burned off nearly 2500 pictures...so its going to take me quite some time to scrap. We only had 1gig cards for our 2 camera's so we'd fill them up and run to the Camera shop to have them run off onto cd's,
Yep, having your photos put onto CD's is a great idea. I've done that on other holidays. But I've never take that many photos in one trip. I guess each scrap page is going to be one of the 'lots of pictures' types then. ( which I prefer anyway) I'm still slowly scrapping my trip to TDL and that was in 1999. :lol:

Housework? is that compulsory? :wink:

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

gabrielle2106
A Ticket
A Ticket

housework

Postby gabrielle2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:19 pm

Compulsory....god no, it is just something that makes room for more disney collectables...lol

We now have a couple hundred pins, certainly not in the thousands like many traders. We pretty well try to stick to the LE's, but if we like a pin we just buy it. I have mine mounted on the cheap canvas's you can buy everywhere now, they just sit next to my desk so i can see what i have and want to trade.
I've traded pins to HongKong, England, Belgium, France and of course all over the USA. ..I have the HK opening day set, and I have a tokyo grand opening Sea pin I'm actually trying to trade if you don't have it. Do you use pinpics? send me your id and maybe we can trade.
Vicki

(gabrielle2106) at pinpics.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”