Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney Themed Hotels

The lastest news in the world of Disney
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney Themed Hotels

Postby KeithS » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:15 pm

Greg has posted an interesting article in the News Section regarding the potential of Disney Themed Hotels and Downtown Disney Precincts being built in major cities.

http://dudisneyana.info/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=27

So what do you think? Can you envisage a Downtown Disney in Darling Harbour or the Melbourne Docklands? (Please don't build one in the EQ district at Fox Studios Sydney - that place is DEAD!)

How about a Disney Hotel on the Gold Coast? I know if it was built, I'd ONLY stay there, but that is just me :)

So do you think it is a good idea? Or another Australian "Disney Store" debacle waiting to happen? Will it dilute the brand? Or will it make more people aware of the Disney magic and encourage them to visit the theme parks around the world?

By the way, before we get too excited, there has been no announcements, just a "blue sky" talk to investors of what Disney is considering. There are no firm plans for either US or overseas expansions.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney Themed Hotels

Postby mushu mama » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:37 am

How about a Disney Hotel on the Gold Coast? I know if it was built, I'd ONLY stay there, but that is just me :)
If there were stand alone Disney Hotels to other destinations around the world I would definitely choose them over other hotel chains too. How well it would do here in Australia would depend on whether it priced itself out of the reach of the 'bread and butter' holidayers or not. Its the magic that draws us fans there, because we 'get' Disney. Would it have the same effect on those that don't? - not sure.

I don't think diluting the Disney brand is going to be an issue - they spend endless $ on being the 'top of mind' brand with most things they are involved in so why not extend their accomodation offerings outside the boundaries of their theme parks?

I think its a great idea, but they would have to aim it at more than just the Australian travelers - it might entice more Americans to visit here though... if they could stay 'Disney' perhaps? especially if they have stayed at a Disney property elsewhere before -a bit like having Maccas overseas because you know ( to a degree) what you'll be getting. :)

Course I could be wrong..... :?

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney Themed Hotels

Postby KeithS » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:28 pm

it might entice more Americans to visit here though... if they could stay 'Disney' perhaps? especially if they have stayed at a Disney property elsewhere before -a bit like having Maccas overseas because you know ( to a degree) what you'll be getting.
Great observation, I never thought of that. I'm warming to this all the time.

If they built Disney Hotels in other cities of the world, I'm quite likely to broaden my travel plans and see places I probably would not have considered otherwise - simply because I would trust the Disney brand.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:08 am

I came across an article this morning that suggested that there is more than just talk about a possible Disney Water Park in Sydney....

( Ok Keith....breathe.....)

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

And wouldn't it be too cold most of the year to build it there? wouldn't it be better somewhere warm? Say...... like the Sunshine Coast? :wink:( Gold Coast has enough don't you think?)

I thought the notion of Sydney becoming a family resort destination was interesting considering that QLD probably will have something to say about having that tag snatched from them.

I found the observation that Australia boasts a "voracious Disney enthusiast population" amusing too.... Yep, the fans here are enthusiastic, but voracious? not real sure about that.

I might have misinterpreted what I was reading, but it does suggest this is into the planning stages , as opposed to just talk.

heres the article if anyone wants to read it....

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID511300.asp

So has anyone heard any chatter about this?

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”