Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Target Australia Selling Disney Store Items

The lastest news in the world of Disney
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Target Australia Selling Disney Store Items

Postby KeithS » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 pm

I know some of you are already aware of this, but if not - you should head into Target (or Target Online) and have a look to see if your store is carrying Disney Store items.

Target appear to have done some deal to get genuine Disney Store merchandise to sell here. From all accounts, it is selling like crazy with new stock disappearing almost as soon as it hits the shelves.

They are selling lots of Disney Store plush, the Animator's Dolls, Disney Store costumes etc.

Check out the link to Target Online here:
https://www.target.com.au/disney-store

Is this a test to see how things go? Will they expand their Target Store offerings in future? Are they testing the viability of reopening in the Australian market?

My gut feel is Target will be their distribution point going forward - I'm guessing it'll remain limited to toys and kids stuff, but who knows - adult clothing may come in future. I guess we just keep an eye out!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Target Australia Selling Disney Store Items

Postby ajp » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:28 pm

If they were looking to use Target as a distribution point, then I wonder how that fit's with Cole's plans for the brand? They were looking to close many stores down and rebrand others as K-Mart reducing the number of Target stores nationally quite significantly. I wonder how that would fit with Disney's plans? Either way, it is a bonus to have Disney store items available once again in the country.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

DisneyKaren
D Ticket
D Ticket

Re: Target Australia Selling Disney Store Items

Postby DisneyKaren » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm

I'm wondering if the Targets selling Disney items are on the list to survive the planned changes, that or it's a good way to help Target survive. I did adopt a new kitten (Marie) and puppy (Pluto) from Target. I think a lot of people who couldn't go overseas for whatever reason have really enjoyed the opportunity to get true Disney Store products (a friend of mind shopped up on the large Animator Dolls). It's the nicer Disney Store homewares that I'd love to see. Of course I'm still hoping that in 2022 I can shop at a true Disney Store in whatever country I'm allowed in!
1996: Disneyland & Epcot | 2001: EuroDisney | 2014: DLR & DLRP | 2015: WDW | 2017: DLR, Aulani, TDR | 2018: DLR | 2020: SDR & HKDL | 2023: WDW

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”