Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Today's Disney News from the front page...

The lastest news in the world of Disney
Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Today's Disney News from the front page...

Postby Mel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:51 pm

My boys have Infinity on the Wii (1.0) and the XBox 360 (2.0 and 3.0).  My middle son (6) in particular loves both the Marvel playsets in 2.0 and the Star Wars playsets in 3.0.  I find myself playing as Princess Leia whenever I managed to get my hands on the controls and quite enjoy it, but I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination and still have trouble with all the buttons on the damn thing (seriously - what happened to the good old Atari joystick with one button?).  I haven't had a chance to play in the toybox with the characters on the xbox but when I tried on the Wii I found it rather clunky and hard to get the hang of.  I'm sure it's smoother on the xbox, but probably more difficult for somebody who spent the first half hour in Rise of the Empire trying to not get stuck against walls :oops:

I have a bit of an addiction in acquiring characters, but since none of us really play in the toy box I've tried to hold back.  I really like the look of the limited addition Star Wars characters with light up light sabers, but we haven't got any.  Yet.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:54 am

I am an Infinity addict.  I have all the figurines for each version (but not the new light up ones - I didn't want to buy all the same pieces again).

I mainly buy them for the collection, the figurines look great and are a much better build and paint quality than Skylanders.

I've found the game play pretty repetitive, however that is not to say that it isn't fun.  In particular, the new Star Wars sets are great! Big open expanses and space battles too - destroying the death star was great fun :)

The Toy Box is fun to play with, but you need to sink a lot of time into it which I just don't have these days.

There is a tonne of content available to play with in Infinity - I barely scratch the surface with each version before they release the next one and I have to start again.  Which reminds me, I wonder what version 4.0 will be like?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Okay, you've convinced me.

My problem is that my laptop is not good enough to use and I don't have a TV let alone a console. I do know someone who does have a console and a good TV so I'm just checking with him to see what it is before I go out and buy the game. I can see it costing me a lot of beer if i want to play regularly. 

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:45 pm

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:48 pm

Walt Disney Company has ‘no plans’ for a Disneyland in Laos   I had so many people telling me and asking me about this that in the end I was saying that I'd give them my house if it turned out to be true. I still have my house. You have to keep in mind that the only English language newspaper in the country is published by the Laos Ministry of Information and Culture.

Disney World’s Hollywood Studios Will Shut Down Iconic Attraction to Make Room for Star Wars-Themed Land

St. Petersburg’s Dali Museum to Open Show on Disney and Dali

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:26 pm

I laughed out loud at the reference to a park in Laos - I'm sure that must have been high up on Disney's list of countries to build in :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:29 pm

I read that article elsewhere this morning and had same response. Someone did mention it was a ploy to drive up property values, but it was a very amusing concept.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:25 am

By the way Greg, thanks for putting the links onto a topic board. I don't get to the front page much and would miss many of these.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:01 pm

By the way Greg, thanks for putting the links onto a topic board. I don't get to the front page much and would miss many of these.
Not a problem. I'm hoping that it may be a way to promote some discussion.
Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:36 pm

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”