Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disneyland in Australia

The lastest news in the world of Disney
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disneyland in Australia

Postby calisota » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:18 pm

I just got sent this...anyone able to shed any light?

Greg

Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disneyland in Australia

Postby mushu mama » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:14 pm

This went through my FB newsfeed a gazillion times this week.  Interestingly, the only sites willing to throw this click bait out there have been radio stations... the news sites haven't touched it. The US fan pages I am a member of are quite excited because it would coax them to Australia, but sadly, a lot think that the GC is a suburb of Sydney.   All I know is that a significant lot of land that is owned by a Chinese conglomerate ( I believe they are not connected to Disney, but I could be wrong) HAS  been set aside on the GC for a new theme park.  I think it has council approval.  I think the 'Disney' that has been floated about with this article is nothing more than click bait.  The same conglomerate has built theme parks before, but I don't think anything Disney.   I think some bright spark thought 'lets throw the Disney red herring with this to drum up interest' and it snowballed from there. 

Of course, I could be wrong. 
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:52 pm

I guess another Park on the Coast may be a good thing. Too bad if it's not Disney though, it may have coaxed me home.

The Gold Coast did get within a hairs breadth of a genuine Disney Park once before and blew it.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:13 pm

I recall reading the press conference where he was asked what type of park he was planning. It was mentioned that it would be a Disney type park with no commitment though. I think its taken off from there.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 pm

I guess that "Disney type park" is the stock answer that anyone would give in that situation. 

Greg 

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:07 am

Yes - we've seen a lot of these "Disney-type park" articles from all around the world.  Zimbabwe(!) was proposing a Disneyland Africa, as were India, Dubai etc... it just happens to be the Gold Coast's turn at the moment but I don't think there is any Disney involvement at all - as Lisa said, it was click bait...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Kevin
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Kevin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:05 am

I havent heard anything internally about this but I wouldnt normally be told.  If its true then they wouldnt talk about it in advance until land had been bought and contracts signed and stuff.  It would be awesome if true though.

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Sun May 01, 2016 10:23 am

Id be happy with a Disney resort like Aluani on the GC

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”