Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Wealthy hire disabled guides to skip lines at Disney World

The lastest news in the world of Disney
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu May 16, 2013 2:27 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/disney ... index.html

Having been a participant in accessing the line for people with disabilities courtesy of Make -a - wish I did note how many people also queued with the PWD to access the front of the line. Sometimes these queues were just as long due to the hangers-on although sometimes the CM would pull us out of the line and we would go ahead of these groups. They could spot us as Jake wore an identifying badge.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Wealthy hire disabled guides to skip lines at Disney Wor

Postby KeithS » Thu May 16, 2013 3:25 pm

I think this has been an issue for a long time, but now the mainstream media have taken an interest, Disney seem to be looking to do something about it - I don't know what though as it can be a very touchy subject.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 am

A friend sent me this link earlier in the week and I wasn't at all surprised this was going on. It really disappoints me but I guess doesn't come as a shock that people are prepared to go to these lengths to get to the front of the queue. I guess those able to afford the cost of hiring someone to effectively be their front of line pass, are most likely used to getting what they want when they want it.

Still, its disappointing that people will abuse a system designed to make a trip to a Disney park an enjoyable experience for those who are often distressed by the long queuing that comes with the territory. I know my gorgeous nephew who is on the autism spectrum would find it really challenging to be lined up for a long time, and I really hope that Disney can weed out the ones taking advantage without making it harder for those who potentially have a more challenging time in a crowded situation in the first place.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu May 23, 2013 10:31 am

Peter's Mum was on a scooter during our trip last year and where possible they should look at copying what is in place at DCA. All the queues enabled her to stay on the scooter with the regular folk and line up like the rest of us. If they did this then the Guest Assistance Pass could be used for those guests who have a situation that makes the lines themselves the issue rather than the mobility ie: some of the Autism Spectrum. I know you sometimes see a family with one wheelchair go up to the special entrance and then the person in the chair just hops out and walks in like there is nothing wrong

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”