Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Radio Disney

The lastest news in the world of Disney
ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Radio Disney

Postby ajp » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 am

Time for a beef with Disney.

Radio Disney is played in our house every now and then by the girls. It is actually quite enjoyable to have in the background playing (some of the time anyway). However we, being Australia, have recently been cut off from the service, with the message coming on iTunes that this service is not available in your region, which also appears on the website. And we can't download the app either.

Disney continues to isolate us from services and other programs and competitions which is becoming increasingly frustrating. In the age of "world wide web" where boundaries can be removed as easily as a click of the button, I would have thought, from a marketing perspective that getting the brand internationally and for little or no cost would be the ideal solution.

I don't know about others, all of you, but I don't want "region specific" content delivered by Disney, I want access to what they offer the majority of their customers. I know we have Disney Channel (if you're prepared to pay for TV) and we get all of the movie and DVD releases, but there is more than that.

Anyway, I'm off the soap box now, but it did frustrate me over the weekend when it happened.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Radio Disney

Postby Mel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 am

That's ridiculous! I have never listened to Radio Disney, but I 100% agree with you about being cut off from their services. I don't understand how that will benefit their brand at all.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:12 pm

the whole concept of 'regional content' just sucks...

There is less and less adult fan directed merchandise and particularly the whole TV availability thing really stick in my craw.
Its ridiculous when I've never been more aware of how many adult Disney fans there are in this country since I joined the travel industy. Its increasingly frustrating to see these avenues of enjoying our 'hobby' (for want of a better term) diminishing and the avenues for US fans increasing by the month.
I too, want to enjoy all the 'Disneyness' that is out there, but nothing more annoying than being aware that its there, and not being able to access it.

Well said ajp, btw...
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:07 pm

I agree Anthony - I hate this regional content supply too. Especially as Disney in this country is usually marketed as a children's experience with very little aimed at adults here.

I was also a victim of the regional issue the other day. I went to download the official Disneyland guide for Android, and discovered that "This application is not available for download in your region" - %$#@

It is 2012, so Disney can no longer hide what the rest of the world is getting from us due to the reach of the internet - so therefore they should stop treating us as second-class citizens of the world.

(Off my soap box too)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź