Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney Apps

The lastest news in the world of Disney
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney Apps

Postby mushu mama » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 pm

wasn't sure where to put this ( maybe we need a new category in the media section Greg?)

Doing a catch up on the Disney blog today I came across a new Disney app for iphone/blackberry/android devices... an official WDW mobile reservations app. Now there are squillions of 'how long is the line' or other WDW apps out there, but I hadn't seen an official one for reservation making on the fly.
It also has a 'near me' componant - and I take a wide berth of the locator based apps as general rule - but this one would help you find a restaurant within a short distance that has room and you can make the reservation standing where ever you might be. Definitely has merit if you are doing a short trip to WDW without a dining plan.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ney-world/

would it be worth having a section to discuss new/worthwhile apps here seeing as more and more people are embracing the immediate nature of app info? There are so many travel apps out there and many Disney ones and being able to sort through the good/bad/downright ugly ones before you go would be a distinct advantage.

I have downloaded a few for HK already - subway maps/walking tours/transators/currency conversion/HK weather ... to name a few :oops: I'm a little addicted to the persuit of the perfect apps right now.

anyone else found any worthy Disney apps that they'd like to share?
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney Apps

Postby churros » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:09 pm

I check them out fairly regularly. Try some out and usually get tid of them. We don't seem to be able to get some of the official apps that I hear about elsewhere.

Have you got the HK snowglobe one?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:53 pm

nup, I've seen it there... thought I might get that closer to Christmas.

I do the 'try then delete' with a lot of games... haven't kept many...

I hadn't considered not being able to get the official one... I wonder if you could get that when you were there in the States?

Lisa
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:58 am

unfortunalty the official wdw app is not available at the Australian app store.....bugger. :cry:
it looks good too

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:39 pm

A new HKDL App was posted on 30/10/10. A must for everyone going on the club trip! (Well for those with iphones and ipads)

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Woo Hoo... going searching now :)

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 am

got it... and have only played with it a little so I might have missed vital info, its a nice picture app, but not a lot of practical stuff ( unless that is in the 'sealed section' for AP's) And something curious - and I might have missed something in the translation - but when you click on the media button ( or was it more magic? or the like), it takes you to a youtube from the HKDL source... didn't watch any cos I was pressed for time though, but plan to take a better look today.

Not bad though.

Lisa.

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 pm

It looks like it can locate you when you are in the park. A handy map with shops and eateries. Some great quick videos. Anything to help keep the excitement before the trip!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Yep, I've enjoyed playing with this new app today... and I am starting to get really excited about the trip. So far, I've got a HK walking tour app, a MTR map app, a 'translate anything' app, and the new Magic to go HKDL app... so I've started accumulating useful stuff. Its my new version of getting out the suitcase months in advance I think. One of the girls I work with is heading to Hong Kong next week and she's under strict instructions to send me detailed descriptions of everywhere she visits. She wanted to go to HKDL but her hubby wouldn't let her :( - my vote is leave him at the hotel and go anyway :wink: But she is also visiting some of the sites I was interested in trying to squeeze in so that'll be good to hear all about when she gets back.

Lisa.

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Has anyone tried the new free Disneyland resort Explorer app? It is fantastic! Very interactive, videos of rides, classic cartoons, games, you can send postcards, play grim grinning ghosts on a haunted keyboard, 360 views of resort rooms, photos - just great!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm

I have Beth. I thought it was fantastic, very entertaining. I had to back and do things I missed the first time through.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:25 am

It's great isn't it? Especially since it was free. The boys love it - the games are nice and simple for them, they like the pirate one in particular. For some reason they really enjoy watching the Mickey cartoon clips, although they aren't nearly as interested in them when we put the DVD on. Go figure...
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 pm

It's not in the android market and the "official Disney Parks app" is "not available for download in your country". I guess they don't get many Laos going to Disney Parks.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I'll show it at the club meeting

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Did anyone update this app this week and now have lost the sound?

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”