Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Carrot shaped like Buzz lightyear

The lastest news in the world of Disney
Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Carrot shaped like Buzz lightyear

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

This article was in the UK Times on the 8th Sept,

A grandfather unearthed a carrot bearing an uncanny resemblence to the Toy Story character Buzz Lightyear while digging up his vegetable patch.
Clive Williams discovered the spitting image of the Toy Story character while digging up his vegetable patch
Clive Williams, 68, made the find while rooting around in his back garden for some vegetables for dinner.
The retired electrical engineer immediately ran inside to show his three grandchildren the strangely-shaped carrot.
Mr Willianms, from Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, said: "My wife Jane had asked for some carrots from the garden so I pulled a few out from the soil.
"When I saw this strange vegetable the resemblance to Buzz Lightyear hit me straight away and I just thought 'my gosh'.
"I've never seen any of the Toy Story films but it was uncanny, it dawned on me immediately.
"I ran inside and said to the grandchildren, 'I've got a competition, who can guess which Disney character this is?', immediately they all shouted 'Buzz Lightyear!'.
"I've grown carrots for about 10 years and there is particularly stoney ground where we live, so the veggies sometimes tend to fork.
"However, we've never seen anything like this, I couldn't get over how much it looked like Buzz."
Buzz Lightyear is a toy space ranger from the Toy Story films voiced by Tim Allen.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Carrot shaped like Buzz lightyear

Postby KeithS » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:14 pm

With a news article like that, I just had to do some research and find a picture - and here it is!

Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:18 pm

LOL... my first thought when I saw the picture was of the michelin man rather than buzz...
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 am

How funny!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”