Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney themed flight

The lastest news in the world of Disney
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney themed flight

Postby churros » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:08 pm

I was entering a competition from last Sunday's Telegraph and noticed the prize included a Disney themed V Australia flight to LA. I don't know if this is just for the comp or a regular thing.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney themed flight

Postby Mel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Sounds intriguing. Would there be enough interest to make it a regular thing?
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Here are more details - looks like they are filling a plane full of Disney competition winners!

http://www.disney.com.au/magicaljourney/

There will be multiple ways to enter - I entered yesterday after I found a link on the News.com.au website.

The flight is for January next year - I hope some of us get on it :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 pm

One of my friends at scrap night mentioned one of the comps that land you on the 'Disney flight' and that set the whole lot of them off... working on their entries instead of scrapping. :wink: And some of them were so good, I'm not even sure I'm even going to bother to enter cos I dont' think I could top them. And I've won quite a lot of trips doing the ol' 25 words or less thing.
I'd love to see someone I know get onto the flight though... how wicked would that be?

Good luck to anyone entering... oh wait... thats all of you right? :wink:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Sounds intriguing. Would there be enough interest to make it a regular thing?

I certainly hope so... its something I'd definitely be interested in.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:39 pm

The competition I won is part of this flight. Includes accomodation and passes and taxes.

There are still the Disney merchandise comps running for the rest of this week - think it finishes on Friday. Need to spend $30 minimum on Disney merchandise. This prize might mean you have to make your own way to Sydney and may not include the taxes.
The news.com.au one has finished. the IGA yogurt one finishes today I think but is a general holiday - not for this special flight. The radio ones have all finished. The Home and Away one has also finished. Looks like at least 50 trips were up for grabs.

I didn't think these comps were well advertised considering the prizes up for grabs.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 am

The competition I won is part of this flight. Includes accomodation and passes and taxes.
Well, if I can't win one, I am pleased that we will at least get to hear all about the magic from one of our members... :wink:

Well done by the way... my first Disney trip was one I won as well... I'll never forget the kids reaction...its part of the Disney magic I think. Enjoy the preparations and anticipation... its going to be a trip of a lifetime. :D

Lisa.. */

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm sure it's going to be fabulous. Youngest is so excited we had to tell him it was in April to calm him down. He thinks we're going to Sydney to visit my sister in january!

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby WayneG » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Congradulations on being one of the winners of the competition. If you would like tips on Disneyland and DCA please let us know and members can pass on tips on the best attractions, small things in the two parks easily missed and how to avoid the crowds on popular attractions. Congradulations again.

Wayne

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:29 am

Thanks Wayne. I'm trawling through the previous threads looking at tips members have givien previously. And I'm finding out bits and pieces about the prize such as including a VIP breakfast (assume a character breakfast) on arrival, Disney gift bags and a special Aussie BBQ event held in Disneyland.
Tips on small things I might miss out on sounds very good idea. Should I start up a separate thread for that? I've already been advised about Churros and Pineapple Dole whips.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:04 am

and a special Aussie BBQ event held in Disneyland
How cool does that sound! I knew I should have taken out a second mortgage just to cover those sms messages to win.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

bigam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby bigam » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 am

There are still second chance draws going on for the Disney mercahndise comp so if you entered this one hang on to your receipts. They are being very stringent on proof of purchase apparently - which is a good thing!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 pm

You can now purchase seats (premium economy is what I've seen) on this flight for $3336, same package.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Hey Kris - how are the preparations going for your big adventure? Only a couple of weeks to go before you head off!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

jojozep
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby jojozep » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi All,

I'm another VERY lucky person who is heading off on this flight on Jan 21! (won ours from the same comp. as Kris but in VIC). :D

I can't believe how excited I am (my family think I'm totally obsessed, researching and planning for hours) but it is such a dream come true to be able to take my kids to Disneyland at an age where they just love everything Disney so much (3 and nearly 7). I am a huge Disney fan and am so lucky to have been to Disneyland, Walt Disney World (lived in US during College) and also Hong Kong Disneyland in 2008 and just can't wait to share the magic with my family.

The only thing about the internet is that there is SO much information, I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed and stressed out about planning the trip, so would be grateful for any words of advice from the local experts on how to tackle the parks with two kids who are going to be a quite jet lagged and overwhelmed ( my 3 yo daughter has never even been on a plane!)

So far we have
1. A welcome breakfast on the Friday at Paradise Pier which I'm assuming will have characters (Q1. can I buy an autograph book in Downtown Disney as we wont have access to the Park before this event?)
2.A preferred viewing spot for fireworks show on Sat night.
3.I have booked Goofy's Kitchen on Sunday morning
4. The itinerary we have been given says Resort scavenger hunt Sunday pm - sounds very interesting!
5. Booked Blue Bayou for dinner (my birthday!)
6. Tuesday is the big Aussie Day BBQ at 11.30 at Festival Arena near Thunder Mountain and then we head home that night.

I have bought RideMax and just started to have a play but not sure if it will be that useful for us (slow kids) and hopefully in the offseason not as much as an issue. TBC

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”