Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Muppet Explosion

The lastest news in the world of Disney
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Muppet Explosion

Postby sandie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:24 am

Bring on the Muppets, I love the Muppets - don't stone me but I love them more than I love Mickey and Minnie! Actually I don't really like Minnie at all!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Muppet Explosion

Postby ajp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:55 am

I'm a big fan of the muppets, always used to watch the Muppet Show (American Eagle, Gonzo and Fuuuuuzzzzy Bear were favourites). But after Jim Henson dies, they did seem to change and lose the edge in their humour.

Reading that article though, it seems that Disney are going to flood the merchandise market with Muppet stuff. Obviously they need to see some return on their investment. If they tried to revive the TV shows with special "human" guests with the same, but new gags, that would go along way.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:03 am

Sorry, but I just didn't get into the muppets. They were okay, but I never really saw what all the fuss was about.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:58 am

I'd guess then that you're under or around 30 Mel? I'm being nice, honest, the only reason I say that is by the time I hit my early to mid teens, they were going off the boil a bit, and were starting to not be as popular and the TV shows were winding back. When that started to happen they seemed to lose a little momentum, as well as other things like ALF were coming along and going big.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:47 am

I loved the muppets when I was a kid but like everyone else gave them a wide berth later on. So when I was in DCA I hadn't really intended going into the Muppet vision 3D but had to wait for Monsters Inc to be back up and running I did. OMG was I surprised how much I enjoyed it .

I'm really pleased that they are going to be back in the mainstream cos I laughed and laughed at the corny jokes and in-gags that made it so much fun all those years ago.

My favourite was always Beaker... is that too weird :shock:

Oh ... and I do a wicked Sweedish Chef impression..... :twisted:
Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:29 pm

I love Beaker - the poor lab test dummy! I adore Kermit and Gonzo and Rizzo also rate highly. I love Muppet Vision 3D - especially a salute to all nations but mostly America!

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Sorry, but I just didn't get into the muppets. They were okay, but I never really saw what all the fuss was about.
That pretty much sums up my opinion too - I never watched it as a kid, although I remember it being immensely popular at school amongst boys and girls.

I guess I always saw it as a glorified puppet show (which it is) and I hated puppet shows (and clowns...).

Della is a Muppet nut - she loves the show and has been buying the series box sets when they get periodically released (series 3 coming soon).

I have to admit however, that the Muppet Vision 3D did make me laugh out loud :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:06 am

I'd guess then that you're under or around 30 Mel?
31 - well done!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:40 am

They did try and revive the original Muppet Show about 10 years ago as "Muppets Tonight" set in a TV studio rather than a theatre, from memory. Not up to the standard of the original but then the original was such an original concept at the time.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”