Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Bogus Fast Passes and such

The lastest news in the world of Disney
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Bogus Fast Passes and such

Postby mushu mama » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Ok, well....
The article that Greg posted in the Disney news off the front page made me think back to the 'tip' I'd gotten from Disneyland regulars that I'd been speaking to over lunch and a margarita in DCA.

I used my fast passes many many times well after the time stated on the card, and not once was I asked to join the stand by queue. In fact, I spoke to lots of people doing the same thing, so obviously this has become something of the norm - whether the 'right thing' to do or not. I was cheerfully waved forward by each and every attendant, and told to enjoy my ride no less. I think the selling of FP's is pretty ordinary, but if you have acquired a valid fast pass in the right way and you are then held up elsewhere, you should still be allowed to use it I think. The whole point of the fast pass is to alleviate the long queues and it does that really well, the fast passes are very underutilized still in the parks and the lines in the FP return
lanes are always all but empty (unless you are on Indy perhaps) so using your own valid FP should not be an issue.
I have a big issue with the counterfeit ones though, along with the selling of them. Thats the bit Disney should crack down on. They already have barcodes on them- why not use them?

Really, Disney brought this system in and the little leeway they have given up to now with the use of your pass, is just an added bit of magic I think. If they come down too hard on too many patrons, then they are going to have disgruntled people who might not leave as much money in those parks on a daily basis.
I was there in Summer Break and it was insanely busy during the peak times. All the FP were gone by lunchtime on quite a few rides - making the only option later in the day a very long wait indeed. If you hold a FP that you were unable to use for whatever reason, I still think you should be allowed to use it that day.

Ok.. I have in my hand right now, a handful of fast passes that I brought home with me... some valid, some not.
The valid ones already have these features that the bogus ones do not -
* A bar code... why not come up with a machine that reads them as you enter the turnstiles? That way, it knows that it was correct day, after the time of return and held by the valid owner.
* the exact date, and time that it was issued printed on the bottom.

As well as the bogus ones ( that are spat out if you try and get a second before you are allowed - that I got for scrapbooking purposes :oops: ) have a big highly visible black band that reads quite clearly " NOT A VALID FAST PASS TICKET"

All the attendants cared about when they checked it was that it was after the return time... imagine then having to tell bulk quantities of people that they can't use their card because they were 5 minutes ( or whatever) late...

so .... "who wants to work the fast pass line today?"
.... " Chirp ... chirp"

The FP lines are not choked with bogus card usage... but I think Disney is right to disallow the selling of them online or anywhere else and to remind the attendants to watch for bogus ones. More heavy handed than that though, is just being grumpy.
I already have my issues with making anyone sit on scorching concrete ( and no rug can alleviate that ) to watch a parade. (and in case you are wondering... No it wasn't me... but I saw multiple children in tears after having been ordered to sit on searingly hot concrete or leave). There was little magic in that.

Well thats my 20 cents worth anyway.

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Bogus Fast Passes and such

Postby sandie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:01 am

I whole heartedly agree - we have often used fastpasses after the time was up - but always on the same day.

Half the time we are late because of Disney anyway - if they had no shops for me to browse, no characters to meet, no late finishing meals we would have been on time!!!!!!!!

Might at most time when we are diverted we are spending $$$$ so if I just rush from fastpass to fastpass I will go back to my room eqach night $200 better off- does Disney really really want that?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:46 am

Exactly my point!

-/ -/ -/

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:06 am

I find it bizarre that anyone would pay for a Fast Pass anyway. Something that is so willingly given for free when in the park, and if planned right can be retrieved in adundance. Paying for it is a little looney to say the least.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”