Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Melbourne on show to foodies

The lastest news in the world of Disney
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Melbourne on show to foodies

Postby churros » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Boy... look at us eating all our national symbols.... :shock:
Makes us all sound like savages or at least bereft of culture! Although perhaps eating your national symbol shows we have achieved a high level of culture ... quite frankly I don't know what I'm going on about!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:36 pm

ok, well continuing this tangent.....

I've heard it said many many times ( I come from a farming background) that once you start raising something for farming purposes ( just take cows, chooks and pigs for instance) then the chances of it facing extinction are drastically reduced, if not eliminated.
So going by that premise, we are actually doing our wildlife a huge favour by eating them... :lol:

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:41 pm

I have no problems with eating national emblems, the stranger the better. The only reason I haven't eaten a Kiwi (oh to have a dirty mind like mine) is that they would be pretty tough and unappetising.

Did I really say buffalo wind? :oops:

On the original topic...just because Melbourne has a street cafe feel what really makes that any different from hundreds of other cities around the world? I think it would be more likely to work if you said it was Sydney and put some recognisable landmarks up like the opera house or the bridge. If you were sitting at a table eating Italian food what would make you look around and say "oh yeah, looks and feels just like Melbourne"?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:50 pm

I have no problems with eating national emblems, the stranger the better. The only reason I haven't eaten a Kiwi (oh to have a dirty mind like mine) is that they would be pretty tough and unappetising.
Moderator? moderator? do we have a moderator in the house? :shock:
Did I really say buffalo wind? :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: yep :lol:
On the original topic...just because Melbourne has a street cafe feel what really makes that any different from hundreds of other cities around the world? I think it would be more likely to work if you said it was Sydney and put some recognisable landmarks up like the opera house or the bridge. If you were sitting at a table eating Italian food what would make you look around and say "oh yeah, looks and feels just like Melbourne"?
The salami's hanging from the roof?
Maybe they can change the weather every 6 hours so they get all four seasons in a day?
Or maybe they can go with my original idea and serve billy tea, damper and have a stinky koala to cuddle - lets face it, Melbourne IS much like many other cities in its cafe culture but I do think the cuisine in said cafe's is quite fresh and interesting. And really, how many Americans would know what Melbourne feels and looks like anyway? Not too many I'd wager.

Lisa -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”