Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney Online to set sites on Australian Market

The lastest news in the world of Disney
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney Online to set sites on Australian Market

Postby churros » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:07 pm

The problem with phoning Disney (apart from the time difference - DL priority seating opens at 1.00am) is you need a few pointers in cross-cultural communication like you can't say "double N" when spelling you have to say "N N"! You also need to laugh when they say G'day at the end of the conversation!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 am

You also need to laugh when they say G'day at the end of the conversation!
Do you say goodbye? I normally stay on the phone for so long that its the end of their shift and they just say - see ya I'm going home now - thanks for the last 8 hours!

I'm not joking - I am now good friends and met up with the guy in Universal Orlando who took our bookings!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:40 am

Even though it has frustrated me not being able to do bookings online, I have also enjoyed the talking with them as well. They're always so friendly and helpful and you can really enjoy the experience. But having said that, the convenience of doing it myself is preferable.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:46 am

Do you say goodbye? I normally stay on the phone for so long that its the end of their shift and they just say - see ya I'm going home now - thanks for the last 8 hours!Sandie
Do they have american or indian (as in India indian) accents? If they really are there then they must be one of the last holdouts. It would also be a call centre i wouldn't mind working in because people would be ringing up happy and excited and obviously the bosses are happy for you to make that connection and chat rather than rush the calls through.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:51 pm

American accents but not always in Florida. I have been putthrough to cast members in some other states too.

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”