Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

New Australian Disney Website!

The lastest news in the world of Disney
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

New Australian Disney Website!

Postby KeithS » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:46 pm

Okay everyone - listen up. Disney, in conjunction with Optus Broadband, have just launched a new official Australian Disney website call Disney Connections. The web address is:

http://disney.optusnet.com.au/

Now the press release says it is exclusive to Optus Broadband users (lucky me!) so I don't know if you non-optus people can view it or not.

I am in it right now, and let me tell you, it looks pretty cool :)

You can download Disney Mobile phone themes (they are using the "Disney Mobile" logo here - I wonder if Optus is going to launch a full Disney Mobile service in Australia? Including offering the Dmobo phones?) ; view the latest Disney movie and TV trailers and clips; Disney Channel Australia pages; games; screensavers; play soundtracks etc.

Obviously lots of marketing, but I like it more than the http://www.disney.com.au site.

There is heaps of videos etc and if you click the "What's on" button, you can see a whole list of items on the website - plus next week's schedule too! Also programming for the Disney Channel and Playhouse Disney.

Disney Connections rocks!

Oh yeah, and you can also win a trip to Disneyland!!!!!

I note that it didn't work properly in Firefox - but that might be because I'm missing some plug ins - it worked fine in IE.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:58 am

Yippee-i have Optus Broadband too! Unfortunately I have a work mobile which is with telstra so I can't download anything! My husband has his phone with Optus but I don't think he wouldappreciate me changing his BIG MASCULINE ringtone!

I did however enter for the trip!

Sandie

Lashbear
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lashbear » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:51 pm

I tried to view it and got the message:
We noticed that you were trying to access Disney Connection. Unfortunately, Disney Connection has been optimised for broadband, and therefore can only be accessed by OptusNet broadband customers. If you would like to see the Disney Connection experience, why not upgrade your account to broadband?
Well, I have ADSL2+ Broadband which is way faster than Optus' broadband so the whole "optimised for broadband" bit is just a crock of marketing you-know-what.

I think I'll send a complaint through to Disney customer service asking them why they're being exclusionary !! :evil:

Pity really - it sounds like the sort of thing ALL Disney fans would enjoy. :|
DLR in March/April 2007

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:40 am

I think I'll send a complaint through to Disney customer service asking them why they're being exclusionary !! :evil:
I got the same message so I'd be interested to hear the response (if any) that you get.

I can get Disney downloads to my optus mobile but everything else seems to be exclusive to broadband customers. All I need to do now is find my mobile and figure out how it works. :oops:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 pm

This service is exclusive for Optus Broadband customers only - you cannot access from other broadband suppliers - it is nothing to do with your connection speed. This is just like the V8 Supercars site is only available to Telstra Bigpond subscribers so us Optus Cable people can't view it either :(
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney News”